9 - The Soccer Game

Beca was in the locker room waiting to be called in by one of the guys. She could hear all the cheers and chants coming from outside and the music that the cheerleaders were performing to. The door opened and Beca went inside. The team cheered for their captain and settled down as she went to give her captains speech. 

"Alright you awesome nerds, the last time we played these guys things got ugly. Now for the seniors in this room, it is our last year and we plan to go out like champs. For those who have never played a game as one of us, it is time to make your legacy. There is a reason these guys are our rivals and we need to show them that this is our season and we will win. Now who is gonna win?"

"We are!"

"Good, all yours coach."

"I think you pretty much covered everything. You know the starting line up so don't make me regret starting you if your on the pitch. If your not starting, show me you want to be on there and when your on the pitch give me a reason to keep you there. And Jason and Beca, remember to keep your cool with these guys. We know there is a reason for you to hate them, but let that give you passion and not rage. Maybe also a little rage. Now get into the tunnels and give those fans something to cheer for."

The team filed out into the tunnels, waiting to be matched with a cheerleader. Usually the captain and head cheerleader would walk out together but for obvious reasons they had to change it up a little. Chloe walked up behind the captain and gave her a quick hug from behind before standing beside her.

"Now I can't be your good luck charm if I'm not the one walking you out, can I?"

"Was there a fight to pick me?"

"Maybe. I know what I want and I don't back down." Chloe said, very confidently. Beca smirked at the girl and then focused as the speaker started to call the players out. The away team were already on the pitch and had been called out but since Beca's team were the home team, the people on the bleachers were more excited. 

"Being walked out by Aubrey Posen, Sam Wilkinson... Jasmine Morrison and one of your number one attackers, Jason Donovan." The names were read out and each cheerleader went over to the side of the pitch. "Finally, the one you have been waiting for, being walked out by Chloe Beale, your captain, Beca Mitchell." The crowd cheered, mainly the girls as Beca walked out onto the pitch with Chloe, winking at her before they both went their separate directions. 

Beca walked into the centre circle, with the referee and the other teams captain.

"Alright, I want a nice clean game, from all of you. Home team calls the coin."

"Tails." Beca said, not breaking contact with Rhys, the other teams captain. The two had a long history. Beca's freshman year, the two played against each other and he kept on saying a bunch of sexist and homophobic things to Beca and she couldn't take anymore and broke out a fight in the middle of the pitch. He called her a dyke before she was dragged away from him. They both got a few punches in and they were banned for a few games. 

Ever since then, there was always a hate, hate relationship so their games had always been intense. Both captains were in their senior year, so they both really wanted to win that season since it was their last. 

The referee flipped the coin into the air and it landed on the ground.

"Tails, home teams call."

"We'll take kick off." The captains were forced to shake hands before returning back to their teams. "Alright got kick off so you guys know what to do. I'll keep Rhys out of the way."

Beca walked into the centre circle, waiting for the whistle to blow. The whistle blew and she kicked the ball to Liam before running up the pitch, where Liam had just passed the ball to Jason. Jason dribbled the ball further up the pitch and attempted a cross into the box to where Beca had ran but the oppositions goalkeeper caught it.