30 - Sorry

They all stopped.

Everyone loved Emily. It was impossible to hate her because there wasn't a bad thing about her. So when something happened to her, no one knew what to do.

"What do you mean missing? She's right here." Beca turned around but her voice faded when she saw Emily's seat was now empty. Her bag, flashlight and coat all gone with her. "She was right here." Beca whispered to herself. Both Chloe and Emily were out of sight and no one had any idea of where they were.

Beca picked up her flashlight and walked off before being shouted by Jesse, "Where are you going?".

"I'm going to look for Emily."

"You're not going to be able to find her on your own, Beca. We can help you look for her, just come back and we will make a plan." Stacie said with everyone joining her around the fire.

They made a plan for them all to split off, each of them looking in different places and meeting back at their tents if they could not find them. There was no plan B so if they weren't found, it would go from bad to worse.

The group all went in their own directions, grabbing their own flashlight and trying their best to be optimistic except when someone goes missing in the middle of a woods they aren't really familiar with, it becomes hard to stay that way.

Aubrey took herself to the main reception, asking at the front desk if anyone had collected the car keys in case they had driven away. When the receptionist replied "No.", she looked around the cabin making sure that neither of them had come inside but there was no sign of them. Stacie looked in the toilets and when there was no luck in the female toilets, she walked in to the men's – using her hands as a blindfold – and shouted them, checking they weren't there, just to be on the safe side. They both met up and when they saw each other without a redhead or brunette at their side, they decided to head back to their tents where Benji was waiting in case they came back.

Fat Amy, Jesse and Jessica went and asked other people who were sat around their own campfires if they had seen anyone, but no one had and it wasn't looking likely they were going to find either of them. Their last hope was Beca.

Beca had taken it upon herself to check the lake and anything nearby, hoping she would find one of them just sat in a canoe or something, even though it seemed unlikely. She called out their names several times, even tried shouting 'Marco' hoping to hear a 'Polo' in return but nothing. She walked around the lake defeatedly, waiting for one of them to just run up to her and everything would be fine again.

After finding no one in the small cabin, where the life jackets were kept, she continued her walk, stopping in her path when she saw a small light across the other side of the lake. She turned off her flashlight to check it wasn't just the reflection and it wasn't. Unable to make out exactly who it was, she began running around but knew she had a quicker route.

She took off her large coat and shoes, stuffing her socks into her shoes and ditching them at the side of the lake. Then, without thinking, dove into the lake and swam across, forgetting the freezing cold temperatures of the lake and just swam her way over to the light, hoping it was Emily or Chloe and not just some random person.

As she got closer she knew it wasn't Chloe, since her hair wasn't the familiar shade of red, but the closer she got, the more it looked like Emily. Beca stopped swimming once it got shallow enough and walked around the pier since Emily hadn't noticed her yet, her headphones blocking out Beca's endless splashing.

Out of breath and freezing cold, Beca sighed in relief when she saw the familiar features that she could make out in the dark. She stood in silence at the end of the pier, thinking of the right words to say without startling her or making her run (or swim) off again.