13 - Sort Of Date

Tonight was the night that Beca and Chloe had agreed to go on their sort of date. I mean technically, it was a date but they never officially said it was a date. The only person that knew about their sort of date (because that is what we are naming it now) was Emily since she was the one helping Beca get ready and sort out all of her pre-date nerves. It might surprise you (or it might not, I don't know how you think) that Beca doesn't do the whole date thing. She's more of a 'I'll drive you home, we'll make out in my car and if things go further its a bonus' kinda girl so she wasn't exactly sure what she was doing.

Chloe on the other hand, had done the dating thing before in her old school, it just didn't exactly go well. Her dates were all with football team jerks or boys hoping to lose their virginity so they can act all manly. And no other girl in her school swung that way. So to say her previous dating life wasn't great in the past, would be an understatement. She was hoping that tonight's date would be the one to change her luck. 

She walked to Beca's house, since it wasn't too far away, and was ready to knock on the door. She was wearing a blue dress, kind of like the ones you would wear in the summer and her hair was curled. She knocked and stood waiting for an answer. A tall woman, with dark hair and very similar facial features to Beca answered the door, wearing a waitress skirt and a top that matched. 

"You must be Chloe, please come in. Beca shouldn't be much longer." Chloe stepped inside and awkwardly stood in the small living room. Not awkwardly like she didn't want to be there, more like that kind of awkward where your at a friend's house for the first time and you don't dare to make a mess or move in case you break something. 

She looked around the living room and it's simple decoration. More specifically, the family photos. Most of them of Beca and Emily and a few full family photos with who Chloe guessed to  be Beca's grandparents. The sound of footsteps down the stairs distracted Chloe from the photos and she turned towards the stairs to see both Beca and Emily coming down the stairs. 

Beca was wearing clothes to her usual style. A pair of black ripped jeans, a plain white shirt and a red checkered flannel that was left unbuttoned. Half her hair was pinned back and the rest was left hanging on her shoulders. Considering it was her first experience on a date, she turned out nicely, clearly Emily had a lot of input. If it were Beca's choice, she would live in a hoodie and probably leggings or shorts even if it was winter. Sometimes jeans, but everyone knows that jeans are not comfortable and that they just happen to go well with a lot of outfits. 

"Oh wow it's my daughter. In jeans. Again. What a surprise." 

It was safe to say that Beca definitely got most of her sarcasm from her mom and that they were a very similar pair. Both of them were very sarcastic and had a rough past, but Beca's mom was more optimistic and always striving to put someone else's needs before her own. I'm not saying that Beca didn't put others first, because she did, but her mom was a lot more caring and better with words when comforting people than Beca.

"Chloe, this is my mom. You learn to not pay attention to her sarcasm after a while." 

"Please just call me Lucy. Beca hasn't told me much but Emily told me your quite new to town." 

"Oh yeah, we moved during the summer when my dad got a new job. I thought I wouldn't like it at first, leaving friends behind and some family, but I already think I like it here more."

"That's good. Well don't let me keep you two from leaving. Have fun you guys."

And with that Beca and Chloe left the small house and got into Beca's truck. Beca wasn't one for formality so it wasn't going to be the best meal Chloe will ever have, but it will do for a first sort of date. Beca had decided to take Chloe to the other diner in town since the study date went pretty successfully. They went quite late so that it wouldn't be too busy. Usually, it is filled with middle schoolers that think they are cool because they are allowed out with their friends. They are very annoying.