Prologue

Do you know the feeling of absolute fear of death? When the only thing you think is "now it's over". I know it and I don't wish that feeling on anyone. I remember clearly the days when I had Beef with me every day. How addicted I was to "S", the highly secret and deadly dangerous skateboard races that take place in an abandoned mine. How fun it was to skate against others, win or lose. How cool it felt to be admired as a "Joker." But I had attracted the attention of a person where it would have been better if they didn't know me. At first, I thought nothing of it and ignored her, but the person's desire for me became greater and greater and she wanted to challenge me to beef at all costs. I had heard how brutal this person who is also called "Matador of love" is and refused again and again because I had no desire to go on it. But that only had the effect that this person only wanted to compete against me even more and thus resorted to unscrupulous means to get me around. In the end, a friend had to compete against him because he had something on her. The stakes were if she wins he destroys everything that can be used against him and if he wins I have to fight him. In the beginning, it went quite well for him but as soon as the Love Hug came she was knocked off his skateboard. She had to go to the hospital and I had to compete against him. I still remember the day I raced with him. My demand was that if I won he had to stay at least 200m away from me and never challenge me again, while if he won he wanted me to skate by his side forever. Since "S" wasn't big at the time, there wasn't much of a hullabaloo about it and we had the beef. What worried me at the time was the condition of my best friend, since I was not a family member, so I was more nervous than usual even before the Beef. In addition, I honestly never believed I could win, but I had to at least try. I was a little bit in front of him when he suddenly laughs like crazy and then tries to dance with me on the skateboard. That's where the fear piled up. I managed to free myself but was on a straight surface behind him. So it came to the Love Hug. How he raced towards me, I can still remember it clearly. I was scared to death at that moment. I just wanted it to stop. I was ready to be overrun by the Love Hugh. I had given up. Suddenly, I heard a voice. It was my best friend, who let herself be driven to us on a motorcycle. He gave me courage for a brief moment and so I was able to swerve. I remember exactly how fast my heart raced when I created distance to him. However, it was too early for rejoicing, because he quickly caught up and now seemed completely different. When he was in front of me it seemed to cause tunnel vision. It was hard to resist. But now there was one point that had changed. Namely my concern for my friend. I was at that point much calmer than before, so I could continue halfway calmed and normal "Be glad he's okay son of a bitch" I shout which makes him look back at me grinning, but that disappears as I pass him and take a shortcut to the finish. Finally, I arrived a short distance in front of him and won. The bastard, named Adam, who had forced me to the Beef was delighted and enraged at the same time, but I didn't care. I never wanted to see him again and disappeared as quickly as I could. The duel between me and Adam was stamped as a rumor because there were only a few spectators and after that, I never went to the "S" as a "Joker" again.