9.

Ichro pov.

In the evening I wake up as Reki starts to move under me. Gently he puts me down on my side and gets up. Half asleep, I sit up and look at the clock "so late already" I murmur softly, whereupon Reki turns around "It's been a long time since I've seen you sleep so peacefully" he says, while I rub my eyes. "You think so?" comes a nod from him. I get up from the bed and gradually become more and more awake. I stretch once before I also hear the bell. "That must be Langa" I say and go to open the door. "hey" I smile, Langa just looks at me confused, before he asks what I'm doing here, since our boss actually meant that I'm not coming "Ah. I can't go home because I was late for school today and my father found out about it. He is very strict about things like that" I say and laugh lightly. Then Reki comes running downstairs and looks at me expectantly "Oh come on, don't worry. Hurry up, you're already late" the two nod and Reki grabs the bags with the skateboard inside before they leave. I was about to leave when I saw that there was another skateboard bag. Confused, since Reki also took one, I open it and widen my eyes. "Reki... Damn it!" I immediately close the bag, shoulder it and run out to the scooter Reki's mom lent me. I quickly hop on and head to the "S" compound. Again and again I look at my watch. Please don't let me be late. When I was let in, I ran as fast as I could to the meeting place, but I was too late. Apparently it had come to pass that Langa had to attend a beef. Wait a minute? WHAT THE HELL IS LANGA DOING?! I increased my speed, but before I arrived, he had already rolled down the hill. I looked around and ran to Reki "Reki! What is the meaning of this!!! Why is Langa driving a Beef?" Reki flinches hard at my harsh tone and tries to explain himself stuttering desperately "...and then there was Cherry who said..." Wait, Cherry? Oh man, this just keeps getting better. Sighing, I look at my phone to check the livestream. There, I recognized Langa. That posture... The way he shifts his weight and that tape. Is he about-. Reki seems to have noticed the muttering as well, and walks confusedly to the big screen, where his eyes widen. I follow him and, smiling, put my hand on his shoulder. Suddenly we hear a motor noise and someone appears behind us. I turn around and widen my eyes briefly before looking at the ground. It was Cherry sitting on his motorcycle and staring at me throughout as probably recognized me "I'm going ahead.... are you coming?" immediately I look to the side not knowing how to answer. "Yes we are coming" Reki suddenly says and pulls me to him. I look into Cherry sucking and notice them gently eyeing me. "You've changed a lot Jo- Ichiro" he corrects himself to which I widen my eyes. Slightly I nod as he sits me down on the bike in front of him. Reki sits down in the back and holds onto Cherry. "Please take some time for me after this beef" he whispers in my ear, giving me goosebumps. I nod slightly and he drives off. On the way he explains that Langa's stance is more like "snowboarding". I finish his sentence and notice a proud look on me "Snowboarding?" asks Reki confused and looking at us. I nod slightly and the rest of the ride went quietly. Then when we arrive at the end hall, Reki shouts for Langa to watch out, seeing Langa's last move. I look at it as well and when I look over at Reki I realize that this moment has moved something in him. I haven't seen him like that for a long time. Somehow I had become slightly jealous of Langa at that moment because I could already guess that Reki would be more than just excited about him now. Shaking my head I look again at Langa who looks straight at us only to look away again embarrassed. Shaking my head I walk with Reki towards Langa. While Reki seems somehow angry I am rather calm and think. I could certainly learn a lot from Langa. Reki jumps at Langa and looks at him with shining eyes. He only looks at me, embarrassed and overwhelmed, whereupon I look at him with a soft smile, which makes him relax hardly noticeable. Then I feel a hand on my shoulder and look back to see Cherry's face there. I nod slightly before telling Reki and Langa to go outside and outside the mine area after Cherry.

"So what do you want? I think Joe told you about yesterday" My look was serious, I didn't make a face, but I only did that because I was afraid of his words. As I've said many times before, I wasn't really ready to face him or Joe. And now he stands there. Without saying a word, he examines me from top to bottom. "You have changed a lot" comes from him whereupon I roll my eyes only slightly "That's right. I'm not thirteen anymore" I say and cross my arms. He could have saved himself the comment "Your character has pretty much stayed the same though" he laughs and pulls down his mouth guard, allowing me to finally judge his whole facial expression. He looks so pleased and relieved. This confuses me "Joe told you about yesterday. Why do you seem so content now?" a smile creeps onto his face "Well, the way Joe described you yesterday, it scared me. His stories made it sound like you were completely cold and dismissive of us. But seeing you now and realizing that even though you're not Joker anymore in your opinion, your character isn't really any different from Joker. Ichiro, maybe it didn't come across very well to Joe yesterday because of the shock but we're very happy to see you again." Surprised, I look at him "But the boy you knew...Joker.... I'll never be able to be him again..." I look at the floor "So what? Then we'll just get to know you as Ichiro. After all, that's what we wanted back then" I immediately raise my head. Of course. How could I forget that? After all, they always wanted to know what I was like even back then when I wasn't wearing my mask. I had totally blocked that out with the memories of my time as a Joker. "I'm sorry" I look at Cherry who comes up to me and pulls me into a tight hug "It doesn't matter. It was four years plus a trauma after all. It's easy to forget things" relieved that he wasn't mad at me for that I put my arms around him too and enjoy the moment.