11.

Ichiro pov.

And so it went on and on, day after day. Every day Reki Langa trains and little by little more and more improvements become visible. But I could not come every day because of my family affairs. My father had another argument with my mother about a man from her past with whom she meets from time to time. I don't know exactly what upset him, but there must have been a reason. The consequence of the quarrel was that my mother went to her friends and my father worked longer, so I had to take care of my younger siblings. But now everything had calmed down to some extent, which is why I was now back with the others in the skate park and watch them a little. After some time I discover a few cats behind the fence and decide to play a little with them. From there I also had Reki and Langa in view but I don't really concentrate for them at that moment. I hear only like Reki again the Tackt indicates and Langa sometime a pain-filled sound of itself gives. I look up briefly and notice that Langa has fallen down again. That must hurt after a certain time but certainly full. Worried I look to the two. But Langa wants to get back on the skateboard again. I get up again and go to the two "Sticking is out of the question. You almost croaked" with that Reki slides off the ramp and stands up. Laughing slightly at his expression I stand next to him and look at Langa who has received a message. His expression turns disappointed which makes me tilt my head in confusion. "What's wrong?" I ask as he sighs. "About the part time job" So no one else actually took him. Poor guy, but what can you do. Life just isn't fair. While I think about how to help Langa, Reki once again teases him with his taciturnity. In the end, the two of them begged Oka to ask the owner to hire Langa. I just hope it works out.

The next day Langa should finally learn an ollie but that is harder than you think. Especially for snowboarders. After all, when snowboarding, the feet hang on the board, so the positions of the feet do not change during the ollie. In skating, however, the feet are exposed and their positions change as well. Therefore, it should be a difficult task to adapt to this. My suspicions were confirmed when Langa kept falling down when he tried. Poor "Reki, tell me how long did it take you?" Proudly showing him two fingers, he says that it took him two months, but that it usually takes longer. Then Langa looks at me "And you Ichiro?" since the whole thing was a long time ago I had to think hard "back then I think I did it in two months too" I say and look down at him. He looks at me surprised "So long... Do I have to know it?" I look briefly at Reki and answer Langa "Ollies are unfortunately also standards that you have to master to be able to learn other things at all" I explain to him before I look at Reki who starts to grin at my look and gets on his board with me at the same time. "With the invention of the ollie, the world of skating has changed" at the same time we push off and ride to the opposite side to go up the ramp "And that's from riding to flying" he says as he goes down at the same time as me and then does an ollie over the water bottles. After that we do different tricks, which you can only do if you know how to do an ollie, and after a long time we stop again in front of Langa, where we high-five each other and look grinning at Langa who is looking at us enthusiastically. Reki goes down on his knees in front of him and seems to know what Langa is thinking at that moment "If you want to do the ollie, you can't stick" he says and Langa looks to the side caught which makes me laugh slightly. Their looks are just brilliant sometimes. "It's a matter of getting used to it" I say and look at Reki who nods again "How long have you been snowboarding?" I ask now whereupon Langa starts to read off the years on her fingers. "Um let's see, ... 15 years or so?" shocked I look at him and Reki is also surprised "Since you were two?" he asks incredulously. Then a light comes on and he leans back slightly "With so many years it's no wonder you can't shake the feeling" he stands up "Let's go" I have to stifle a grin. As determined as Reki looks he seems to be planning to build Langa a skateboard. So we go to his house where we go straight to his room because he wants to look for something there. When we go in I immediately throw myself on his bed. "Sit wherever you want" Reki says again and rummages around in one of his boxes, which is full of skateboard magazines. Langa takes a good look at the room before sitting down on the floor. His gaze falls straight on the skateboards Reki has already made himself. Suddenly I feel another presence and Langa flinches. Next to him was one of Reki's sisters. Reki, who didn't even have to turn around to notice her sighs "Nanaka!" he says seriously whereupon she runs out of the room as fast as she can. "Who was that?" "His little sister" I reply and sigh because now come- "Reki, let me know if you're bringing anyone" now they all arrive "Welcome to our home, I'm Reki's mom. Doesn't he give them too much trouble either? Is everything okay?" she asks slightly concerned to which Reki defends herself. As I move on the bed she looks to the side and notices me as well "Oh Ichiro is here too. Can you maybe manage to give Koyomi lessons today? She has a test soon and wants to be fit" inwardly sighing I nod and Reki's mother turns back to Langa. As they leave, I exhale in relief, "Oh man, that was more strenuous than usual," whereupon Langa says that it is very lively here. Since he has agreed to stay for dinner, he sends a message to his mother and looks at Reki again. He seems to have finally found the right magazine, "Here it is!"