22.

Reki pov.

After I hurt myself, I fainted. Right now I am being checked by a doctor and then I am allowed to go to my friends. Thoughtfully I look at the floor until I arrive in the hall where my friends are already anxiously waiting for me. "It will probably take two weeks for it to heal completely" I say a little guiltily and look at my arm. I can't come across as weird now. They're worried about me anyway. So I look up and grin "But there's nothing wrong with my head" Everyone exhales in relief and I look around the room. Where is Ichiro? "You were really lucky. I'm sure this will calm him down when he wakes up" Miya says and "I'm sorry Miya. Even though I said I'd win" "I told you so. A slime can't win against the final boss" Miya interrupts me and walks past me. Depressed, I look down at the ground. "But, well..." surprised I look to him "I'm promoting you to golem" confused I look to Langa as I didn't understand what he meant by that. "He means you're cool" when Langa said that Miya takes three steps backwards and is back on our level, only to hiss at Langa and say that's not what he meant. "But tell me, where is Ichiro?" I murmur, almost afraid of the answer. The depressed faces of my friends are no help either, "He fainted when we tried to take you to the hospital. He has not yet regained consciousness and is lying for the time being for observation in one of the rooms" immediately I widen my eyes "But why-" stupid question. I could already guess the answer. He has been through exactly the same situation before and the emotional shock has probably caused his body to fall into rest mode for the time being. Sadly I look at the floor "Which room?" I ask and look seriously into the round "206" Miya mumbles after some time and immediately as I heard that I run already. I run up the stairs to the second floor and then look for room 206. After some straying I arrived and quietly open the door. Inside I see Ichiro and his little sister at and on the bed. On the sofa lies his father. Quietly, I move closer to the bed. His little sister is sitting on the chair and has laid her head on the bed. I walk once around the bed to the other chair and carefully sit on it. "Ichiro... I'm sorry..." dejectedly I look at my hands. "I promised you that it wouldn't be like it was then, but I couldn't do anything about it. I wanted so much to get back at Adam. What he did to you and also to Miya is unforgivable... Nevertheless, I only caused everyone to worry and you suffered emotional damage again. All because I let myself change my mind and wanted to do the Beef at all costs... I'm sorry" I murmur and a tear silently runs down my cheek. I take his hand and squeeze it gently "And now you don't even know how I feel. It's all just like you told me... I should have listened to you. I'm so sorry" I mumble and more tears run down my cheeks. All of a sudden a hand gently lays on my head and strokes it softly "Stop crying, it hurts my soul" I hear Ichiro's soft voice and widen my eyes "You're awake!" I shout and immediately Ichiro covers my mouth "Not so loud. You'll wake up my family" Ichiro whispers and looks down at his sleeping sister. I immediately nod and look from his little sister back to him. His hand goes from my mouth to my cheek. "Are you badly hurt?" he asks, looking me right in the eye. His touch makes my cheek start to tingle softly and I smile softly "Yeah, it's nothing really serious" now I notice him bite his lip briefly and a few tears roll down his cheek. Then he starts to smile and you can see exactly how relieved he is. Gently I bend over and, smiling sadly, brush away his tears "I'm sorry I worried you... because of me you and Langa have to compete against Adam" I immediately notice his hand tense up at the name and place my hand on top of his. "I'm not going to compete against him" I hear him mutter. Immediately I look to him and a load falls from my heart "I mean it's obligatory after all if you don't want the Beef" I close my eyes in relief and gently nuzzle his hand which is still on my cheek. When I open them again, I look back at Ichiro and think I see him blushing, but it could just be my imagination.It's very dark at the closing time, since it's already after midnight. I shake my head briefly and then look at him with a smile. "All that matters is that you're okay," I hear him murmur, and now I'm also blushing slightly.