25

Ichiro pov.

He then goes back to the kitchen to do his work. I sit back relax my eyes and think about Langa and his progress. The longer I think the more I realize how good he is and the more the realization scared me. I am jolted out of my thoughts as the door opens and Langa enters with Reki and the others. Surprised, they look to me. I look at Reki and have a bad feeling. His expression seems to be the same as always, but behind the facade, I see fear and a bit of inferiority. Just as I am about to go to him, Cherry follows them into the local and looks at me in surprise. I wave only briefly and then look again at Reki, who looks at me uncertainly. I nod to him as a symbol that we will talk later. He looks at me relieved and I turn to Joe who looks anything but pleased. "Just sit down at your convenience," Cherry says, upsetting Joe who is also upset by the statement. Reki sits down next to me and looks silently at Langa. Gently I continue to put a hand out of his, causing his eyes to briefly squint at me and he relaxes a little. "He seems to want to win against Adam" suddenly comes Cherry's comment on Joe's outburst. He looks at Langa in shock and just as he tries to talk him out of it, Langa's stomach growls, and Reki can't help but throw a stupid line at him, but just as he was busy with that his manager starts growling too, which happens almost at the same time as Mikas. Immediately Shadow demands 4 bowls of ramen, which makes me start laughing, this is an Italian after all. After we eat, I realize Cherry didn't just take the others to eat and make excuses from the beef. He wants to show them how the Love Hug that Reki fell victim to goes down so Langa can understand. Immediately I tense up. So he wants to back him up. I watch him explain, but I don't listen. I knew from my own experience how it is, and that's why I never want to witness it again. Not even in theory. I simply detest Adam's methods. However, the sight at the end of the explanation was quite amusing, which of course Joe and Cherry notice and part blushed. "Without wobbling, without braking, he makes it in an instant" I look to Langa and swallow the lump in my throat. Seeing him so excited scares me. I stand up and walk past them out of the restaurant. I wanted to support him but... I decide to go to Reki's house since we still wanted to talk. Once there, I wait for him behind the wall. After some time I hear the engine of a scooter and open my eyes. I push myself off the wall. Reki was about to go in when he stops again and turns to Langa. Suddenly he starts telling Langa about the past. About Itsuki. Immediately my heart gets heavy. When I think back on it, it makes me sad. "That's why I ask them not to skate against Adam" I lean against the wall and look at Langa. Immediately I realize that he is depressed by this story, but will not skate against Adam because of it. "At first I was just mad because you overdid it. But that's not all now. I can't explain it. It's like I'm already in the middle of it, or there's a fire started," and that's the statement I had always been afraid of. Now I look at the ground. Langa turns to Reki and they discuss some more before doing their handshake. Then Langa seems to notice me and widens his eyes in response. "Ichiro?!" immediately Reki also turns and looks at me in surprise. I decide not to worry them and smile at them both. "Hey" I wave and Reki says goodbye to Langa and walks towards me. He lifts his hand and puts it on my cheek "you know exactly how much I hate this facade" immediately I drop it and hear the engine start. As I hear the scooter drive away I hug Reki "I'm scared" Gently Reki strokes my back. "It's scared because of Adam" I disengage "No that's not what I mean... It's not Adam that scares me... It's Langa that I'm afraid of." Immediately Reki lets go of me and look at me in shock. He swallows hard and then puts an arm around me again. "Let's go inside" I nod slightly and walk into his house together with him. As we sit on his bed we make out that he tells first and then me. So he tells me what I missed when I was out to dinner with Joe. So he is better again. Immediately we both look depressed at our hands "And now you?" I take a deep breath, because I need a lot of effort to confide in him my thoughts, since I don't really want to burden him with them. Sighing, I tell him everything and he takes me in his arms again at the end, "Reki, you promised that he would be reasonable and that he wouldn't make any irrational decisions...can you still promise me that?" Now Reki is quiet and doesn't say a word. That's what I thought. "I'm sorry Reki...I'm just worried" I say and play with my fingers in his arms. But the only thing he does is bury his face in the crook of my shoulder and close his eyes. He doesn't always have it easy either. Shortly after he does this, I put my hand on the back of his head and gently stroke it "Reki you always stay by my side, don't you?" Immediately I notice him nodding and relaxing. "Thank you." We both drop to our sides and fall asleep in the spooning position we were in.