13.

Ichiro pov.

The next day Reki brags everywhere that Langa has done an Ollie. We've just come from school and Reki is bragging to Oka-san about Langa "He learned an ollie in just two weeks! Even though it took me two months to do it" he goes wild and destroys Langa's hairdo, whereupon I just sigh "Now leave the poor boy alone." I then intervene before pulling Langa away from Reki. "Get down on your knees a bit" I say to Langa who looks at me confused. Sighing, I push him to his knees and start to fix his messy hairstyle. Langa, meanwhile, looks at me gratefully and, in order not to fall over, holds onto my hip lightly. When I was done I hear the door open "Hell oh"since her Oka does not pronounce and Reki startled I turn around and see a smaller boy in a school uniform standing in the doorway. "Really now?" asks Reki in surprise, while I just stand there confused. The face looks familiar but the name doesn't come to mind. "Chinen Miya, candidate for the Japanese national championship?" Ah, now I remember. He addressed me a few times back then. Not at the "S", but when I went skating somewhere else with my friends once. "hey you guys. How about a beef at an "S"?" surprised I look at him did he already know about the S back then. No, I can't imagine that "A beef? So when you ask me so suddenly..." but he just walks past me and now stands in front of Langa and me "I don't have time for a slime" my gaze immediately darkens. He wasn't that cheeky then. "I would like to hear the sound of a level up again. That is clear, right?" now he looks at me. I had clenched my hand into a fist while I look at him seriously. Something is different. I laugh lightly "Long time no see" I say seriously and everyone around me looks at me surprised "You know him?" I nod slightly "Not very well but yes I know him. Although the way you are now I almost don't recognize you" he starts to grin "Skating with you was really fun back then, why don't we repeat that in a beef. Me against both of you" he grins mischievously "Or have you also become a slime" this smaller- "Better leave it Langa. He's in a different league" sighing I lean back against the wall. Reki doesn't seem to worry about me, but Langa has just finished his ollie. He might be getting cocky. "You're a snowboarder, right? I'd like to see that one for myself. The style you won with against Shadow" now he turns back to me "Besides, I want to know how you managed to beat Joe" Challengingly he looks at me, but I had fortunately calmed down again "I suppose" Surprised I look at him. So too reasonable. "Don't. Don't get cocky about that Ollie! He's a candidate for the national team!" "I'll do it" "So it's settled then, but what about you. You haven't answered yet" expectantly everyone is now looking at me. I push myself off the wall and walk over to him "I don't know where you got the idea to drive a beef against me, but it doesn't matter..." I put a hand on his shoulder and approach his ear "Because you can forget about a beef with me" I walk past him and put my hands in my pockets "The thing with Joe was an exception. My attitude towards beefs hasn't changed, but I'll let Langa do it since you'll still be one of the fairest opponents. Well then, Reki, I'll see you later" So I leave the landing and slowly walk home. There I think hard about why Miya has changed so much. He had a provocative grin but he didn't really smile anymore. Sighing, I watch a few videos on the Internet. He seems so completely empty, as if he doesn't even like skating anymore. Even his friends were not with him yesterday. When I met him back then, they couldn't get along without each other. Have his friends turned away from him. And anyway what did this slime mean. Does he mean slimeballs who can't do shit? "What the hell happened?!"

The next day, in preparation for the Beef, we go to the mine site which is occasionally open in the afternoon. There we start skating for the first time in peace "Why don't they just make the track accessible all the time." "Langa you know this is top secret" I sigh softly and continue" we start training and you can see now how good Langa has actually become "But still, don't take this lightly, ok?" as so often these days Reki voices what I'm thinking at that moment. "What do you mean?" sighing, Reki explains that he also agreed to a fight against Shadow just like that. "Your opponent this time is a candidate for the national championship" I sigh "You're lucky it's him who challenged you. There's a lot worse guys out there targeting them" he nods and looks forward again "Well, it sounded like fun" I slightly widen my eyes and then look at the ground while Reki looks totally proud. A short time later I notice a look on me. I look around and notice behind and Miya who examines me carefully before he looks at the two idiots next to me. All of a sudden Reki starts laughing which makes me look at him confused. When I look back at Miya, he has an annoyed, slightly angry look on his face. Sighing I look back at Reki and slap him lightly "Stop laughing" with a grin I do he looks at Langa "Does it work here?" immediately I look at Langa's board. It seems to be all right "The Reki RSP" oh man, he gave Langa's board a name without asking. "The Reki Royal Straight Prince!" I sigh and drive slightly ahead "Are you giving his board funny names now too" I grin cheekily "Heyy, the name is totally cool" "Yeah well, at least it's better than the one of my old one" when I think of the name I just had to laugh "And yet you always called it that. Too bad you built your new one yourself. Now I have no right to give it a name" he pretends to be offended, which makes me laugh. It's probably better that way. "What's with the Prince at the end of the name?" Langa asks, which leads to a discussion about whether the girls in our class call him Prince or not. I just watch the whole spectacle until Miya suddenly passes us at high speed. "What was that about? That was dangerous" Reki grumbles and looks angrily at Miya who just grins arrogantly. I really don't like him the way he is now. Sighing, I stop and listen to him provoking Reki, which makes me damn angry. Then he just wants to drive away, which Reki would never allow and therefore follows him. "Reki!" Langa calls while I give him a hand signal and drive after him. This will end badly. Now it comes to a measuring as far as the own abilities are concerned. When Reki then tries a new trick of mine he flies down and Langa continues for him. "Reki are you okay?" he nods and looks at Langa who has passed him and says I should follow him. Sighing, I do so and Reki comes after me. Langa also falls down, but only because the stabilizers are torn. Again Miya lets out a snide comment and looks at the two of them annoyed. I meanwhile drive to a slope, take momentum and do a trick over Miya's head, which makes him widen his eyes "Miya you should have kept driving. Because your exit is ruined now" grudgingly he looks at me. "I don't recognize you anymore. I hope someday I understand why" shocked he looks at me.