7.

Reki pov.

When I listen to his narration at the beginning, I was still really angry and disappointed in him. But the more I hear from him, the clearer it becomes to me. Of course. I no longer thought that "S" was top secret. Besides, if he had told me, I probably would have immediately insisted that he take me with him. Smiling, I continue to listen to his explanation and my view of things gradually becomes clearer and I can show understanding. But when Ichiro's expression darkens I was confused. So he was forced to a Beef by a lousy trick. I look at him expectantly as he falters. "So?" as his look turned sad, I immediately regretted my question. "...I won, but I had to pay a high price for it. Seriously he looks at me whereupon I swallow slightly. When he tells me the price he had to pay, my eyes immediately widen. This cannot be. It can't be. Back then, when he wanted to break off all contact with me. That was because of this beef. When I asked in then whether my assumption is true, he confirmed it to me. Now in my eyes was pure anger and behind it concern. I can still remember exactly how it was when I went to him to confront him.

Flashback

Sadly, I look out the window of the cars. For quite some time now, Ichi-kun had not spoken to me. For some reason, he was withdrawing abnormally. He also stopped coming to school. Something bad had happened. I had often asked my parents if they knew if something had happened in the family, but they always said that nothing had happened. I had also asked his little sister if she knew what was going on with him, but he had probably also withdrawn from her and only came out to eat, always eating after his family. Ichiro what happened that you are suddenly like this. "We're here," my mother smiled as she looked behind. We had been on a family trip again for a long time but I couldn't really enjoy it. When my mom saw the look on my face, she just gave me an encouraging smile "Why don't you just go and try to talk to Ichiro" I looked sadly at my hands "He would never talk to me..." "Then just get him to talk to you. Giving up without a fight has never been your thing, after all. I think Ichiro subconsciously wishes someone would come and save him" Immediately my eyes widen. Was she right? Did he really want to be rescued? "Ichi-kun..." I breathe and then look at my mother seriously. "I'll be gone for a minute" immediately I open the door and run as fast as I can to Ichiro's house. What I didn't notice anymore were my mother's words. All I cared about at that moment was Ichiro. Arrived before his front door rang and waited impatiently for me to be opened. The door was opened by his sister, who looked at me with relief and said, "It's about time. He is in his room" immediately I take off my shoes and stumble up the stairs to his room door. I stop in front of it and take another deep breath in and out. "ICHIRO turn it off right now. I need to talk to you" I call loudly and knock on his door, however no response came from inside. Again and again I call him but nothing happens. At some point I didn't feel like it anymore. "I'm very sorry" I mumbled before kicking down the door to get into his room. The sight that asked there made me shiver. Ichiro was sitting there, looking up from his Gameboy. His eyes were blank and showed no emotion, I could tell without him even looking at me. His gaze slid to me "Why are you here?" his voice was as cold as it had ever been which immediately made me angry. Whoever did this to him will pay for it "You're still asking that?! I'm here to get you out of that hole you fell into!" I say angrily and slightly desperate. Briefly his eyes widen slightly before he looks away "Please go..." angrily I walk up to him and turn him to face me "No I won't go. I haven't said anything in far too long. What happened to you being like this?!" I ask angrily, shaking him, hoping he'll come to his senses. Only he just stays silent and still doesn't look at me. Desperately I look at him and slowly let go of his shoulders. He takes a breath "-No I'm not leaving. Damn it talk to me, we are the best of friends or was it always just a lie" immediately he widens his eyes and shakes his head slightly. He wants to say something again but it seems like he is fighting with himself to say something. "Damn... who does this to you?" I ask myself and just take him in my arms. "You don't have to say anything... all I want is for you to be with me" my sudden hug makes him flinch hard but he doesn't do anything about it. "Reki..." I hear his voice breathe and I look down at him. He suddenly starts to tremble and looks up at me. When I look into his eyes, I widen my eyes. In them lies pure fear, despair and guilt "Reki I'm so scared" he says in a trembling voice, while slowly but surely more water collects in his eyes before he bursts into tears. He had never shown himself so vulnerable before, which is why I was surprised and shocked for a moment. When I caught myself, I put my hand on the back of his head and gently pressed him against me. Now it was completely over for Ichiro, because he began to sob desperately and clawed at my T-shirt. I hugged him close to me and let him show all his suppressed feelings.

Flashback end

I will never forgive Adam...