14.

Ichiro pov.

After the incident at the mine site, I had a bad feeling. I had been thinking a lot. Somehow it seemed to me that the situation was frighteningly familiar and I couldn't shake the thought that the whole thing was planned by a certain person. "What's wrong Ichiro?" I cringe in fright. I had forgotten that I am with Reki, to give his hardest tutoring "Oh nothing all good" look away embarrassed. She looks at me skeptically "Have you finally fallen in love with my brother and wonder how you can tell him" immediately my face heats up and I look at her shocked "N-no, it's not like that at all. You misunderstand th-that" I try to explain myself stuttering, but she keeps insisting because of my reaction "Are you afraid that Langa might take it away from you? After all, the two of them are in his room right now, I wonder what kind of things they are doing there" she provokes with a grin. At the thought of it I blush only more and manage it then after short time finally again to bring out correct sentences "You interpret there really too much into it. Please don't think that I am in love with Reki... We just know each other very well, after all we are friends since childhood" "Are you sure?" again she comes very close to me, which makes me fall over backwards "I told you, you're reading too much into it" I mumble annoyed and give her more homework than usual as a punishment "That's what you get for putting your teacher through the wringer like that, but then not letting him explain" I sigh and leave the room. I take my stuff and go up to Reki and Langa "Shall we go right away?" I ask and smile. They both looked at me smiling as well "Sure, we've been waiting for you" I leave my stuff with Reki and together we walk out before we leave as well. As we enter a parking garage, one floor down "Langa has gotten that good already?" I state in surprise and increase my speed to keep up, as does Reki. When we reach the bottom, we see Langa lying on the ground once again. Somehow the curves are a problem for him. "The other day you were down here, too," Reki notes. Maybe it's because of the- "You know, in snowboarding, the friction stays the same whether you go forward or sideways." I figured as much. Since Langa is learning skateboarding I've been reading up on snowboarding to support him as much as I can, but "But with skateboarding you're really fast going forward, but when you want to skate sideways you suddenly brake" I nod slightly and think "Ah, that's why it always knocks you down in the turns" Reki says and looks at me "I might have an idea" I mumble to myself which the two of them don't really notice "Hey, you there" we suddenly hear a voice from a policeman. Shit "Damn! Let's go!" immediately we start running, racing out of the parking garage and in opposite directions. Reki and I to the right while Langa runs to the left, the policeman close on his heels. "Run, Langa run!" Reki also cheers him on, until I suddenly trip and Reki falls full on top of me. "Are you okay?" he asks as he gets off me and I sit up. "Yeah I'm fine-" I look to something moving in quick circular motions. It's the caster of an office chair. My eyes widen "It could go like that" confused Reki looks to me "I mean like how Langa gets the curves" I point to the office chair and Reki's eyes get big too "Ichiro you're a genius" he throws himself at me causing me to be pushed back down "Not true at all and get off me" I meow at him until he gets up off me slightly and stares into his eyes grinning. "What would we do without you" I look away embarrassed and help him as he gets off me to take the bottom of the office chair with him. In his workshop he starts to dismantle the wheels with me "You have let me down" comes the voice of Langa behind us and I turn around. So he survived "Don't hold it against us" Reki says a bit guilty and takes Langa's skateboard in his hand. "What's this?" smiling Reki looks at me and explains that I've had an idea that will make it easier for him to ride the curves "Your board will be reborn with these" he says totally convinced which makes me smile as usual. "The Reki Special Rolling Slider!" Again such a funny name. This time Age I don't add anything to it, but my look speaks volumes, besides Langa is already giving his comment. Then Oka-san came to us and said he had found something great. It was a video of Miya doing tricks. "He's gotten better," I muttered softly, looking at Reki who seemed to notice it too. "This is really awesome, but he doesn't look like he's having fun." "You're right... He doesn't have the same look he used to have." I say louder now and everyone looks at me. "Oh yeah, you knew him back then too. What was he like then?" Langa now asks with interest. When I think back I have to start smiling "He was already a very talented boy, who cared more about skating and his friends than anything else. I went with some friends to other skate parks to get some experience with other environments and people. One day we were in a really good mood and did one trick after the other perfectly. During our break two guys came up to us, one of them was Miya. They begged us to teach them a few tricks. At first I didn't want to, at some point I gave up fighting them and showed them a few tricks. Both learned very quickly and were totally happy. They always had a smile on their face when they stood on the skateboard. They were getting better and better. I think I taught them for a year until I stopped showing up after a beef..." I explain and look to the others looking at me who nod in understanding. "Langa. One of the reasons I really want you to do this Beef and win is to bring Miya back to the fun he always had skating" Langa looks at me and nods firmly. "Yes"