𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

no ones pov

triggering topics discussed !

She ran. Clothes creased, shoes untied, tears furiously streaming from her once happy eyes, fixed with a alarming look.

She ran, tripping over small rocks ignoring the booming thuds gaining on her. Trepidation creeped into her chill bones, grappling to every living organism possible.

The thuds soon stopped realising she wasn't worth the chase, leaving the shivering girl to defend for herself. He reckoned she would last an hour before she stalked back up the twisted path, preparing to give her the worst beating she received.

But she never came back.

Once she left, she had no intention of ever going back. She would be a fool if she did.

It took her hours but finally she made it to a place called Austin. The 6 year old girl had never left her home on her own, yet she seemed to be doing fine. Somewhat smart for her age, she knew the basic rules of the outdoors;

Never talk to strangers.

Never get in a car with someone.

Never discuss your father with anyone. No matter what.

She wasn't stupid. She knew it wasn't normal for her father to touch her in such a way. She was too young for that, too young to be exposed to the dark world of child molesters.

Hours had passed since she left and she was beginning to crave something. The girl had never had a big appetite, the consequence of having a abusive father, never actually enjoying her life.

She knew that one day he would go too far, not expecting it to be so soon. He had tried to take things to a new level, a level no child should ever have to experience.

Resulting in her escape. Did she regret it?

No. But she did regret not stealing his money before she punched him in the balls.

Sweet and simple payback.

Softly paddling into a dim lit corner store, she advanced to the candy section, taking in the sweet smell of chocolate.

Reaching for a packet of skittles, she quickly dumped its contents into her mouth, not bothering to savour the fruity burst exploding on her tastebuds.

Pupils dilated, she moved crazed.

Anything she could get her little grubby hands on she devoured.

Snickers. Hersheys. Reeses Pieces. Jolly Ranchers. Swedish Fish. Twizzlers. Nerds.

Oh how she loved Nerds.

"Hey! You can't do that!" She had forgotten about the cashier, not that he was intimidating in any way.

Slowly turning around as if a deer caught in headlights, she froze. This would be her first time talking to someone, other than her father, in years. She had to play her cards right to get out of here freely.

"Oh... I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to be b-bad." She flashed her big doe eyes at him, dim ceiling lights bouncing off of the (e/c) eyes.

He faltered, his tense expression dropping ever so slightly.

She got him.

"I-I'm so so so sorry. I forgot my manners, please don't hurt me." A small tear slid down her face, trapping the strange man in a feeling of guilt.

What kind of person makes little, harmless girls cry? A bad person, nonetheless.

"Oh my- please don't cry! It's alright, your parents should have taught you better.. Speaking of them, where are you parents?"

"They're dead." She paused for an dramatic effect, "They swerved and died in a collision. Leaving me here... all  by  myself."

The man felt a chill run down his spine, a voice in the back of his head was telling him that something was off yet he ignored it, putting all his attention on the grieving girl.

Right when he was about to offer the young girl a place to stay, a woman walked in.

She was heavily pregnant with a small mixed child gripping onto her hand, dazed with the bright confectionery on sale. The woman looked like a dream, long blonde hair, perfect eyebrows and pink, plump lips.

Y/N reckoned the small girl was around her age, comparing heights and facial structure. She could feel eyes piercing through her. Almost immediately catching eye contact with the goddess from earlier, she felt a wave of nausea run up her throat.

Quickly running outside, y/n ran to the side of muddied path, releasing her vomit onto the smushed shrubs.

'Future y/n remember to NEVER eat candy again.'

"Hey!" A soft voice called from behind her. Without turning around, she already knew who it was. The goddess.

"Yeah?" She replied with a raised eyebrow, curious to see how this could go.

"Whatcha doing out here so late? No mom or dad to look after ya?" The tall blonde slowly stalked closer to the girl.

"Why do you care? I don't even know you."

"'Cause I can help ya. I can give ya a place to stay and start over. Sounds fun, right?"

"I guess... but how do I know I can trust you? How do I know you're not just trying to take me and sell me?" Y/N was no fool, she knew who to trust and who to stay away from. However this woman seemed to be a bit of both.

"That's the beauty of it kid.. I guess you'll never know." The goddess winked.

'Fair enough, it's not like I have somewhere else to go.'

"Fine, but try something with me and I-I'll beat her up." The girl pointed towards the small, very confused, girl, slightly tilting her head.

"Wouldn't dream of it kid. Welcome to the Millers."

——————————————

and done😭. this was just to show your backstory and get to know your personality better. hope you enjoyed !

don't forget to vote and comment !