𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋

y/ns pov

Passion or power?

Would you rather be burnt with passion or elevated with power?

I don't know about you but I have a strong desire to be on top.

I love having power over others, the feeling of knowing someone idolises you, feels like heaven on earth. Power was something my mom taught me to how to control from young.

"Now listen here Y/N, having power is one thing... but knowing how to control that power, knowing how to use it correctly, now that's where the true power lies."

You see, it's not about how much power you have, it's about what you do with it. And Georgia Miller definitely knows how to use her slice.

Ginny often pushes Georgia's speeches to the back of her mind but I love them. Georgia has that vibe around her, the type of vibe where you could feel her enter a room without even looking at her.

Her award winning smile held secrets, secrets threatening to destroy the world she worked so hard to build if they got to the wrong person. 

I've always felt powerless, trapped in a bubble of agony and sorrow. The day I escaped, however, that bubble burst. All the sorrow I once felt dissipated. Left in that prison that held me down and stole my childhood— my life away from me.

With Ginny and Georgia I could build that back up. They helped me regain my confidence, my life and my passion.

My deep, deep passion for power.

Men have always held me back. From male teachers refusing to give me my correct grades because I "painted them out to be the villain" to my abusive father attempting to kill me from the inside out.

Now that I think about it, he's always been off. I knew that from the moment I heard him and mom, my biological mother, arguing. He had been using our money to buy things we couldn't afford; a flashy car, new gadgets, nights out at the most expensive restaurants in the city and bookings at the richest hotel around.

They were all clear telltale signs of cheating, I knew it, she knew it too. Yet she still refused to leave him.. causing me to mentally criticise her. I always thought is her as weak, now knowing she only stayed until the end because she was scared.

She was scared of leaving me with him. She was scared of being lost in the world ahead of her. She was scared.

And she had every reason to be.

"Y/N and Virginia Miller, may I speak to you outside?"

She said our stepfather had been in an accident and he didn't make it so Georgia was coming with Austin to pick us up.

Boohoo.

He was a creep, he would smell my hair when he hugged me and always push my body against his.

It always ended with him receiving a punch. He should know better.

Kenny's funeral was the worst. Every attendee was a stuck up, rich, white person who looked down on us, as if we were the dirt beneath their shoe.

"Poor Amber-Lynn, I know she had trouble with the divorce but she must be devastated. I mean, have you seen the new wife.. who shows that much cleavage at a funeral?"

Ginny had slightly barged the woman before apologising to her. We snickered at her reaction before turning to look at Mom.

There was a crowd of people surrounding her, guiding her through the deep, dark world of death.