𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘

y/ns pov

one hour earlier...

I couldn't hold it in any longer. My bladder was on the verge of bursting by the time Mr. Mitten collected the final quiz.

I had asked him numerous times to go to the bathroom but I guess Ginny and I really hurt his ego earlier. He was taking his time on purpose, strolling through past the empty desks on the other side of the classroom.

By the time he reached me, my patience had long gone, "I need the bathroom, let me go."

"Miss Miller that's not how we talk to teachers here. Learn some manners and try again." He smirked, snatching my paper from my table, "Well... I'm waiting."

"Look Sir, I get it, you're embarrassed and angry but holding that anger in won't help you." I countered, "What would your wife say if she saw you now?"

"I-I don't have a wife."

I chuckled, "I wonder why. Now if you don't mind, I really need to pee and you're not helping."

Before he had the time to retaliate I ran out of the classroom, power walking straight to the bathroom. It was empty due to everyone being class but the bell soon rang. I quickly filed into the cleanest cubicle, laying down tissue on the seat before releasing myself. Just as I was to flush, I heard the door open and the sound of numerous shoes heading towards the mirrors.

"Hey, did you see the new girls?" A voice giggled.

"OMG! The black ones? I mean the taller one is pretty for a black girl. Her hair is everything." Another voice mused.

The black ones? Pretty for a black girl? What the shit?

It's the first day and the comments have already started. This happened at our last school too, I got suspended first week of freshman year. Apparently I took their comments the 'wrong way' when it was clearly racist. But that's what happens to black kids in predominantly white schools.

I flushed the toilet, slamming the door open way louder than necessary. The girls froze, eyes widened and mouths open.

"You do realise saying "I'm pretty for a black girl" isn't a compliment, right? It's racist. You might as well say 'All black girls are ugly — but you're pretty for your race! Well done!'. Next time just stick to 'She's pretty' and leave as that." I kissed my teeth and walked to the sinks besides them, rapidly washing my hands and leaving.

They didn't say anything else, eyeing me carefully as if I was going to attack them at any moment. I could see them tense up once I walked by for the last time. I was honestly livid but I promised myself that I would control my anger this year so I left it as that.

Times like these is when I really start to miss New Orleans. I could get weed from anywhere, drug dealers at every other corner. Some kids from my school would deal and smoke with me, I invited Ginny to try it out but she said it wasn't for her.

Her loss.

I would say it's been about 4 months since I last smoked, our previous school was pretty pretentious, the main concern being sex. Boys lusted after girls who wore shorts and low cut tops. Girls lusted after the jocks and popular guys; it was horrible. Kenny's death really did benefit us.