𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟖 | 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔

y/ns pov

Lunch had always been an awkward time, but with Ginny's drama, it would become even worse. I didn't bother getting Lunch, the last time I bought a burger, I got food poisoning. I would much rather live off Skittles and Nerds.

"Hey, Y/N. Come sit with us." Max yelled to me, completely ignoring Ginny.

"Nah, I'm sitting with Bracia." I walked past their table, leaving Ginny. Abby was sat at her own table, she looked rough. She caught me looking and sat up, expecting me to sit with her.

I strolled past, taking a seat opposite Bracia. "Guys, this is Y/N."

"Hey." I waved. They looked chill, except for the guy sweating bullets at the end of the table.

"This is Wes, Stacy, Jackie."

Jackie turned to Bracia, "You dance. You can do a split, right? Can you do one for a tiktok I'm trying to make?"

"No!" Bracia laughed.

"Do it." Stacy chuckled, "It'll be fun."

"Don't encourage her."

"I'll do it." I piped up. Jackie's eyes brightened.

"Really? Thank God." She looked to the sky, smiling.

Bracia waved Ginny over, she took the seat closest to me. "Ginny, meet my friends. Wes. Stacy. Jackie."

"H.. hi." She muttered.

"Anybody else freaking out?" Wes fanned his shirt.

Bracia put her hand on his, "Wes, you freak about everything."

"Ok, you can't be the one to talk because you're brilliant, all right, at every activity on the face of the planet. I don't like you right now because I'm drowning in college applications. I got BC, Howard, Morehouse, Syracuse, American, Michigan."

"Michigan?" "What's wrong with Michigan?"

"You do not understand. You can go anywhere in the world, and you're picking cold-as-shit Michigan. I applied to University of Hawaii." Stacy boasted.

"Hawaii? Please." Wes kissed his teeth.

"Here we go." Bracia mumbled.

"No. I have a philosophy. You pick where you wanna vacation, and just live there."

"That is a good philosophy." I nodded. "Right?"

The others side eyed Stacy, "Don't look at me like that. Okay, I'm brilliant. You're dumb."

"Okay, Stacy." Jackie sighed.

"Stop shitting on my philosophy. Y/N agrees with me for a reason, and I know Ginny does too." She tapped Ginny, "Where are you applying?"

"Oh, I'm a sophomore, so..."

"My dad wants me to go to Howard to pledge Sigma. He'd be like, "Hey, I'm your brother and your father."" The table laughed at Wes' impression, but he carried on ranting.

"And my mom, she wants me to go to BC so I can come home for dinner."

"I would do what Nicole says. That woman scares the hell out of me."

I arched an eyebrow, "I'm guessing Nicole is Wes' Mom?"

"Yeah." Bracia nodded. "Stacy is terrified of her for some reason, but in reality, she's a nice lady."

"No." Wes argued. "She's scary. That's why I'm going to Michigan."

Before Stacy could retort, the lunch bell rang, signalling class time.