𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑 | 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇

y/ns pov

AP English dragged on and on. The pop quiz Mr. Gitten gave us wasn't a challenge, if the tests were always this easy, his class would be a breeze.

I could tell something was off about him from the start. The glazed stare he gave Ginny and I as we walked towards his desk, the slight edge in his voice as he explained the basics.

It was like he was intimidated by two teenage girls.

The girl in the hot pink hoodie silently applauded us. Surprised, Ginny looked down whilst I nodded at her, reading the pop quiz.

ginny's pov

Y/N had always given me a boost of confidence. I knew she was going to put that teacher in his place eventually, it felt better helping her rather than sitting back and watching.

She was always strong willed and never backed down from others. Living in the places that we did, it was a good trait to have.

Despite everything she went through, she charged forwards head first. School was always better with her. Everyone knew of her but no one knew her, not like I did at least.

She told me she preferred it that way. That's why people tried to get close to her, they didn't want to know her, they wanted to know was what she was 'hiding'.

I love my sister but she was the human embodiment of a mystery even to me at times. It was hard enough trying to figure out her mood, let alone her thoughts.

I was often alone at school, no one even bothered to look at me. I was a mere background character in my own story. Someone you saw every once in a while, not impressionable enough to start a conversation with.

Y/N was different though. She was pretty, I've heard boys and girls talking about what they would do to her, if they were given the chance. She had curvy hips, thick thighs, soft, bouncy coils and a bigger breasts than most girls our age. Her mocha skin simmered beneath a warm sun.

She was truly beautiful. Inside and out.

The exact reason why I wasn't shocked about our neighbour asking about her.

"Hey, you're Virginia, right? Just moved in across the street?" Standing behind my locker door was the boy from last night. He was wearing a 'Wednesday' top on a Monday. Embarrassing if you asked me.

"It's Ginny, not Virginia."

"I met your mom last night."

"She can be very friendly."

"Hm. Asked me for weed, wasn't that friendly."

"Yeah, well, she can also be kind of a bitch. I'm sorry, do you want something from me?"

"Your sister, the one who waved at me yesterday... Is she, uh, single?" He fiddled with his bag straps.

"Y-Y/N? Why? Why do you care?" I crossed my arms. If I'm being completely truthful, he surprised me. I was used to hearing others talk about her but this was the first time someone had blatantly asked me about her.

"I was only asking. So is she or?" But before I could even think of an answer, a feminine voice emerged from behind me.

"Marcus, be gone."

He stared her down before turning back and saluting me, "See ya around, neighbour."

"Sorry about Marcus, he's an asshole." This was the first time someone came and spoke to me.
It was the girl from earlier, the one who applauded us in English.