𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐 | 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐒𝐘

y/ns pov
SHITTTTT IF YOU SAW THE OTHER TITLE NO YOU DIDNT FUCKK ME

I've noticed a change in Ginny's behaviour. She was acting different more and more each day. She went from being private and preserved to outgoing and outspoken. It's not a bad thing but she seemed kinda.. fake. Almost like she knew she would never be one of them but she put up a facade, trying her best in fit in.

I thought she only changed her clothes but then she became more and more like them. Her attitude towards us changed, she was distant with me and Austin and snappy with Mom. I knew Mom was hurt but covered it with a smile. Something she always did.

We sauntered through the crowded hallways, stopping at Berry Tree, where Abby and Norah was sitting.

Norah gasped when she saw us, "Ginny, I have been singing your song all day."

"I know it's stuck in my head. It's getting super annoying. No offense, Ginny." Samantha whined.

"If you're jealous just say that." I chimed in.

"Why would I be jealous? It's not like he was really singing to her."

"He literally said 'Ginny Miller, this songs for you.' Who else would it be about?" I queried.

"People were talking about you." Norah added. "Wait, really?"

"Ooh, buzz. Let's tell them she unhinged. Give her a hot mess reputation like Bella Thorne." Max grinned.

"Please don't. What are they saying?" "Oh, just that it's super cool that Hunter wrote a song about you, and that they think you're really pretty."

Ginny's face split with a smile, "They think I'm pretty?"

"Since when did you care about what people thought about you?" I grumbled. "Since forever."

"Can we talk about Halloween?" Abby piped up, "Brodie's having a Boos and Booze party."

"Gosh, I wish I could spend Halloween with Sophie." "You wish you could do everything with Sophie." "Yeah, I do."

"Well, why can't you?" Ginny questioned. "She's a senior."

"Do you know what you're doing for your costumes?" The rat asked.

"No, and it's giving me anxiety."

"Ok, maybe we could all do something as a group?"

"No fucking way. Bye." I spun around, facing Ginny, "Are you actually going to dress up for Halloween in a group? With her?"

"It sounds like it could be fun..." she mumbled. I looked at her once, picked up my bag and walked off.

Remember when I said she changed... that's what I was talking about.

After class, I had cooled down a bit, keeping my mind off of the heat pooling in my chest. I was still mad from earlier and had so much to say, but I swallowed my words. We congregated at Berry Tree again, waiting for the bell to ring.

Marcus walked up to us, not even sparing me a glance, "Can I talk to you?" He stared at Ginny, as if they were talking with their eyes.

"Uhm.. hey?" I waved my hand but he looked at me before slightly rolling his eyes and turning back to Ginny.

It was clear to everyone that they had a secret between themselves.

"Incoming. Sophie. Seniors. Be cool. Be cool. Be cool. Be cool. Marcus, go!" Max whispered yelled at him.

"Seniors." "What?" "Seniors coming in hot!"

Max and Ginny stood up to greet Sophie and her friend but I stayed seated. I wasn't in the mood to socialise. At all.