𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏 | 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒

y/ns pov

The Battle of The Bands was in a couple days and everyone was on edge. 3SB had been practicing non stop, before school, after school, writing songs during classes and lunch breaks.

Max and I were visiting Ginny's workplace, Max was ranting, as always, about girls from school. I hate to say it but she was right, Sophie Sanchez was really, really hot.

"It's art. She wore leggings yesterday and I died. I'm dead! I'm deceased." She yelled, startling nearby customers, "Just cremate me and put me on the mantle. We've been texting. She actually cares about things, like the planet and other people. She been teaching her sister to bake. Isn't that so cute?" Max was one focused on telling us her thoughts, she didn't even clock Joe yelling at her.

"How are you and Hunter?"

"He still hasn't said anything about the picture. It's weird."

"Maybe he wants to be respectful, he doesn't seem like the type to rub one off to your picture, unlike Brian." I laughed, Brian was a nasty bigot.

"I don't think I'm good at the sexy thing. That's Georgia's expertise, not mine." "Yeah, Georgia is insanely hot."

Ginny and I rolled our eyes, "Sorry. Not sorry. I wanna talk more about Sophie now."

"Max, you sound kinda obsessed." "I'm not, I just wanna talk about Sophie 100% of the time. 100% of the time. When you think about it that way, I showed great restraint."

Ginny handed a table their order, Max following behind with more plates. I don't think she realised she was practically working for free, she was often in her head, tied up in reckless thoughts.

"Max, you realise you don't actually work here right?" Joe enquired.

"Obviously, but table six needs their check, and table eight needs their wings before happy hours over."

Max walked over, phone in hand, with a picture of Sophie from 2 years ago. She was obsessing over her body, which was understandable.

"She's my Venezuelan fantasy woodland princess." "Y/N, Max you guys can't be back here."

"Bali does not look real."

I hummed, "Right. I'd love to go there one day though, feel like I'd fit right in."

"David Bowie had his ashes spread there, so it's definitely real." "You guys know David Bowie?" "Duh! From Shrek."

"Yeah, he's the one who sung the song when Shrek became a man and Donkey was a horse."

"From Shrek." Joe sighed, walking away.

"Shit." "Oh no."

"What? Oh, is it that picture of her kissing that girl from 2018? Don't worry about it. I looked into it. Their Venmo payments stopped months ago, so it's fine."

"She liked it."

"What?" "The picture. I can... I'll undo it." "No, Ginny. Oh my God. Too late. Notifications." Max panicked. "I just like a photo from two years ago. Oh my God. I cant go to Battle of the Bands. She's gonna think I'm a stalker."

"Table three's ready to order!" Joes muffled voice shouted. "Table three's gonna have to wait, Joe!"

"Look, Max. Maybe... Maybe it's a good thing, right? I mean, honesty's good."

"Listen Max, just be honest and tell her that you've stalking her Instagram page for hours. I'm sure she'll understand." I laughed as she groaned and trudged away.