𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕 | 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓

y/ns pov
short chapter because it's mother's day

The house was quiet for the rest of the weekend. Marcus had to cancel since his dad needed him, Austin stayed in his room, quiet, and Ginny was doing what she usually does, complain.

School whizzed around the corner, despite the slow days. Mondays were the worst days, the thought of going to school angered me. I hated that place, everything about it was infuriating. The teachers, the students, the building was an ick in itself. My old schools weren't that bad, especially in New Orleans. At least everyone there was real, no fake personas or drama.

"Hey Y/N," Hunter tapped my shoulder, "Do you know what up with Ginny? She hasn't texted me back all weekend."

"It's just some family drama. She's not taking everything too well." I took out my books from my locker, slamming the door.

"Well, can I do anything to help?" "Just talk to her, I guess."

He nodded, pacing towards her locker. I forgot Ginny and Hunter were a couple, she barely spoke about him. An arm wrapped around my shoulder, my head glued to their chest.

"Heyyy." Brodie patted my head, playing with my hair. I pushed him away, fixing my hair. "Stop that. It's annoying."

"I'm sorry, it's just that you're so cute." He cooed and squeezed my cheeks. I slapped his hands off, pinching his fingers.

"Stop doing that too. I'm not a child. And who knows where your fingers have been?" I grimaced.

He smirked, "I can show you if you want." I walked away, leaving him guffaw in the hallway.

I caught Max staring at Sophie once again, she looked yearning. Marcus told me about Max ruining her chances at the Halloween party, Max stayed in bed for days.

I sighed, "Just go and talk to her. The worst thing that can happen is that she rejects you. And if she does then you can move on." She nodded at me, dazed.

She turned away, closing her eyes and whispering something to herself, before scurrying to her.
They spoke for a while and hugged, Max turned around smiling. She looked relieved so I'm guessing it went well.

I had to go to a doctors appointment during lunch, Mom dropped me off at home once it was done. There was no point in going back to school when I had 2 classes left, Science and Maths can wait.

A faint rustling echoed from upstairs, Austin was at school, meaning someone or something was going through our things.

"Stay behind me." Mom pulled a gun from her purse, finger on trigger. I was shook. This whole time Mom was carrying a gun, but being a women with 3 kids means that you would need some sort of protection. We scanned the bottom floor, but it was empty.

Tiptoeing up the stairs, the rustles were louder, deriving from Mom's room. Mom pushed me back, signalling me to stay by the stairs, just in case.

But me being me, I followed behind her, keeping a distance. Mom pointed her gun at the trespasser, scrambling and a shriek echoed. Walking in, I saw Ginny and Mom having a stand-off, both pointing guns at one another.

"What the hell, Virginia? What are you doing home?" Mom screamed.

"How and why do you have a gun?" I speculated. Mom bent down, removing the gun from Ginny.

"I coulda killed you! What are you doing in here? Why are you pawing through my closet?" Mom fixed her floor, placing shoes back on top.

"I want answers." "Answers to what?" "All of it! Your past, everything! I'm sick of the lies!"

"Have you even thought about it from Mom's point of view? You really think Mom hid this to hurt us?" "Why are you defending her? She lied to us, to me."

"I don't care what you're sick of. You have no right to go through my stuff."

"Don't talk to me about what is right. What is all this? Why are there guns in the house? Why do you have to send Maddie away?"

"That's between me and Maddie."

"She's my aunt! Why couldn't I know that? They're my family!"

I groaned, "I get it. You're upset that Mom didn't tell you about her sister but from the looks of it, it was the right thing to do."

She turned to me, "Are you kidding me? Mom has never done the right thing for us. Is moving 12 times good for us? This is exactly why Austin needs a therapist."

"He doesn't need one. Stop pushing your anger onto him."

"You don't get to tell me that. You're not related to us, you don't have a say."

Oh.

"Hm." I walked to my room and closed my door.

I'm done. Ever since we moved here, Virginia has done a complete 180 on her personality. 2 months ago, she would never wear a crop top or care about what people were saying about her. She would never mention the fact that I'm not related to her, she knew that was a sore subject.

But for her to use it against me was truly the breaking point.

——————————————

yes i am pushing my anger towards ginny into this book🤨.

marcus is coming back soon lol

vote & comment!