𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓 | 𝐏𝐈𝐙𝐙𝐀?

y/ns pov
continuation from 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑 | 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇

"C'mon let's go through the buses." The girl, who introduced herself as Maxine, led us through the large buses. I stopped in front of one of the glass panels. Before we went anywhere, I needed to see what I looked like.

My eyes were watery and red, eyelids slightly drooping down. My hair was still slicked back in a middle part but there was a small frizz from the constant itching of my scalp. My clothes were doing what clothes do. So all in all, I didn't look that bad.

"Y/N, you coming?" Ginny called out to me.

"Yeah, I'm coming."

We walked to the Main Street where all the restaurants were lined up. The air was light, sun beating weakly.

"Everyone here is just so happy." Ginny murmured.

"Yeah, it's like living in Friends." I shivered.

"It's a front. They're all miserable. Everyone's just slowly marching inevitably and irrevocably closer to death. Also, I totally saw Hunter checking you out earlier."

I partially sobered up, "Hunter? Who's Hunter?"

"He's Max's friend. The one with the ponytail in AP?" Ginny replied.

"Him? Damn, he's cute." I smirked.

"Yeah, well, Marcus was asking about you," Ginny blubbered, "Wanted to know if you was single."

"That little snake." I laughed, that's explains why he knew my name... and wanted my number. I won't deny saying it was nice to know he had an interest in me.

"OMG! If you guys got married, we would be like sisters." Max squealed, "Your babies would so cute. Ugh, I love love."

"What the..?" I stopped, staring at a small cafe 'Blue Farm Cafe'. Sitting by the window was Mom and the JFK lookalike.

Ginny looked up, halting immediately, "That's our mom."

"Holy shit! Are her boobs real?"

"Who's that guy she's talking to?"

I piped up, "The mayor. His election posters are everywhere."

"All the thirsty moms throw their twats at him."

"Yeah, no, let's get out of here." Ginny and Max started to walk off but my feet refused to move.

"W-Wait! We can't leave my tacos. I'm hungryyy." I moaned, we came all this way and they were just giving up.

"We can have food at my house," Max turned back, "I have pizza."

"Pizza? Perfect. Ok, let's go." I jogged to them, setting into a walking pace once I'd caught up.

We arrived at Max's house in minutes and I went straight for the kitchen. There was a pizza box in the fridge, I took a slice and walked off before turning around and taking the whole box with me.

"Y/N? Are you stalking me?" Marcus stood leaning on the kitchen door frame. He was always leaning on something.

"If I was stalking you I would be in your room collecting hairs from your pillow, not stuffing a cold pizza down my throat." I ate the pizza slice I was holding in three bites. Delicious.

"Fair enough," He walked next to me placing his hand on my lower back. Leaning over my shoulder, he picked up a slice of pizza biting the tip. "Thanks."

He backed away from me, walking out with his hands in his pockets. Narrowing my eyes, I took the box before heading up to Max's room. She passed me, muttering to herself. I think she said something about getting a drink.