𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏 | 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓!

y/ns pov

Brodie burst through the door, clothes creased. There was a thin layer of sweat lining his forehead, as he rested his head on his arm, still holding onto the doorknob. He lifted his head up, freezing once he noticed my lack of clothing.

Marcus used his blankets to cover me up, reaching down to hand me back my bra. I was about to pull down the blanket from chest, until I looked up.

Brodie's eyes were still lingering on me, despite Marcus telling him to leave. His eyes were glazed over, mind completely focused on me.

Marcus pushed him away, slamming his door shut. "Are you okay?" He walked up to me, rubbing my cheek. "I should've kicked him out sooner."

"Yeah," I nodded, "It doesn't bother me, he's a creep, I've said this." I pulled on my bra, fixing my pyjamas. "Let's go see what's going on downstairs. I'm not getting arrested for my idiot sister's friends."

He laughed, holding my hand as he pulled us towards the once buzzing living room. There was two police officers standing by the door, Hunter and Jordan attempting to defuse the situation. Ginny was still dancing in a corner, Abby sloppily trying to shield her.

"As you can see, officers, it was a simple misunderstanding. We'll be quiet." Hunter tried to keep calm.

"Yeah, you guys are coming with us. We're taking you down to the station, where your parents can pick you up. Let's go." Officer Eric pointed to the door. Hunter pulled Ginny next to him, taking her to the car. The rest followed, leaving Marcus and I alone.

Peeking out the window, I saw Paul talking to Mom, he was pointing at Ginny, who was gagging on the sidewalk. Hunter held her hair back, an officer on standby.

"Ew, she really can't handle her alcohol." I whispered to Marcus, who laughed in reply. Both police cars drove off, lights flashing bright.

"Why isn't your Mom getting Ginny?"

I shrugged, "Knowing her, she's the one who called them. Probably trying to teach Ginny a lesson."

He pulled me away from the window, "Well, if we're home alone... let's have some fun."

I squealed, allowing him to pull me upstairs.

——————————————

"So, this is the thanks I get?" Mom sat in Ginny's room, awaiting her arrival.

"Hi, Mom." Ginny swayed.

"You're drunk." Mom was mad. Ginny acted as if nothing happened, but it was easy to tell that Mom was hurt. She wasted the entire week preparing for Ginny's birthday surprise, only for Ginny to leave and run to Max's house.

"I am sober... like a judge."

"Listen here, you little lunatic. I am responsible for your friends when they're under my roof. You can't sneak out, lie to me, and not tell me where you're going." Mom shouted.

"Ok. Ok, you are like... You are like the grand poobah of lies, Ok? You're like... You're like a lie pro."

"Ginny, admit that what you did was shitty and ungrateful." I groaned.

"You ever think that maybe my secrets are to protect you? To keep you happy and safe? You wanna know everything, peach? You think you need to know everything? Well here it is, darling. I was abused by my stepdad my whole childhood. He molested me most nights with my mom asleep in the next room. That's why I ran away when I was 14. I've been homeless. I've been in jail. I..." Mom looked to the ceiling, holding back tears.

𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 | 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘶𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘳On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara