Just a simple girl

"How did you turn into this?" I asked Voldemort.

"What?!"

"I mean, back then in the chamber of secrets you looked so- yeah, but now you're so- yeah. What happened?" I asked seriously as he got furious and turned to me. The plan was working. I distracted him, he walked towards me.

"What did you just say?"

"Besides, where's your nose at?" I narrowed my eyes, pretending I was searching for it.

He rose his wand and I made eye contact with Harry to show him he should hurry up. I looked back to Voldemort and he stopped a few inches in front of me.

"Care to repeat that?" He hissed

Suddenly, I felt someone pull me back. I saw a platinum haired boy holding me behind his back.

"Malfoy?" I whispered confused.

"Don't touch her!"

"Malfoy we have a plan. You're ruining everything!" I whisper- yelled. He stepped back, his hands still holding me to make sure I'm behind him. I stumbled backwards, together with him.

"Aah, young love." Voldemort lowered his wand. "Draco, I didn't know you would fall into this trap. Love means weakness, Draco. Now come over and prevent yourself from making a huge mistake."

Harry was still behind Voldemort, slowly approaching him.

"Malfoy, we have a Plan." I whisper-yelled, but he decided to ignore me.

"I can't lose you, (y/n)." He said.

Lose me? His words suprised me. We weren't really friends or anything. He picked on me, even though I'm a Slytherin. He called me a blood traitor, because I had friends from other houses.

"Malfoy, what are you on about?" Draco pulled out his wand and pointed it at Voldemort at the same time as he did.

"Draco, you're making a mistake, my boy."

Voldemort casted a spell fast, but in a different way. He casted it towards Harry, who was behind him. He shouted a spell without looking back.

"How did he-" I questioned behind Draco.

"He knew about your plan! Don't you get it?" He whisper- shouted, not looking back at me, but staring at Voldemort.

"You knew that. Therefore you came."

"Not the perfect time to talk, (y/n)." He said, still walking backwards.

We stopped at the edge of the astronomy tower. I looked down. I shouldn't have, yet I did. As I realized how high the astronomy tower actually was, I grabbed Draco's torso and held him tightly.

However, Harry managed to come back in some way and held Voldemort's arm in which he had his wand. He pushed his arm down and I stabbed backwards, causing to lose the floor beneath one of my feet.

I held Draco even tighter, now dragging him with me. He held the railing on time.

Voldemort hit Harry and turned back to me and Draco. Harry fell back on his back and groaned in pain.

"Draco, last chance. Either you join me and come back, leaving this ridicioulus girl by herself or you fall the death into the arms together with her. Either way she will die. Now you choose, you wanna die with her? But remember Draco, love is weak. Why would Draco Malfoy sucrifice his life for a simple girl like her. I'll give you a quick advice. Come to me, Draco. You won't regret anything."

Draco looked back at me, his eyebrows furrowed in fear and worrisome. He didn't know what to do. Will he die with me, the simple girl or will he care about his reputation more than my life?

The wind blew in our faces. The cold breeze let me shiver, let alone Draco's stare.

"It's okay." I whispered.

I felt like I didn't deserve to be rescued. Just as Voldemort had said, I'm just a simple girl nobody should be caring about, because it's not worth it.

"I-" he looked back to Voldemort, dumbfounded.

"I'll give you anything you need, Draco. Having power feels a thousand times better, trust me."

"let go. I'll be fine." Once again, he turned back to me.

He looked me in the eyes. His blue- grey ones turning dark in fear, anxiety and panic, as well as pressure. He looked at me.

"We are supposed to hate each other aynway, right?" I asked softly. It was more of a rethorical question, more a statement.

"Draco" Voldemort whispered in his typical low voice.

Draco stepped forward, causing me to loosen the grip around his torso. He slowly walked towards Voldemort.

"Ahh, good done, my boy." He hugged him awkwardly.

It didn't catch me off guard to be honest. I could've thought that. I already knew, Draco Malfoy chooses his reputation over feelings. There's not doubt 'bout that.

He walked towards him, stopping beside him. I stood there at the edge, frozen. One step back and I would fall down.

The cold night breeze blowing in my face, I looked down once more, seeing Harry on the ground, passed out. I gulped.

"Now to you, (y/l/n)." Voldemort casted a spell, which caused me to fly back a little.

That's it, I thought. I could feel the emptiness behind me. Nothing there. Nothing there to save me. No one there to save me.

Suddenly, I felt a strong arm grab mine tightly. My chest hit the front of the wood beneath the edge I fell off, and I groaned slightly.

"I can't let you go. I can't lose you." Draco breathed heavily, struggling to pull me up, since he was almost falling off himself.

I looked up to his apologetic eyes.

"It's okay, Draco. Let go. We will fall together if you don't." I said softly, yet was panicking inside.

"No! I can't lose you, (y/n)!" He shouted and tried to get himself and me all the way back up.

I heard Voldemort chuckle, but soon Harry again. Luckily, he was distracting him by trying to fight him.

"Draco. Let go, I'm being serious."

"No, (y/n)!"

"Draco!' I yelled now. He looked at me, shocked at my sudden freak out. "Why do you even care?!" My voice cracked.

"Because I like you, okay?! I've liked you since the first time I saw you. I can't lose you. If I lose you, I'll lose everything I have. You give me a warm smile, even though I bully you. You keep offering me your help. You ignore my insults. You're the only one who is neither disgusted nor scared of me. I bullied you, because it was the only excuse to talk to you." He suddenly shouted. "I- I really like you, (y/n)." He whispered.

"I-" before I could say anything, I saw a hand grab Draco by the collar, dragging me automatically upwards with him. "Professor Snape!" I cheered and he just blankly stared at me.

"Voldemort is gone. He has managed to get away and you two may return to your common room. You are dismissed." He said and we stood there, still trying to process what just happened. "Go, I said." He stared at us and we rushed down.

We arrived at the common room and Draco was about to go upstairs.

"Draco" I stopped him and he turned his head to me. "I like you too." I said, after walking to him.

I gave him a quick peck on the cheek and ran upstairs.

I had a crush on him for a long time, that's why it hadn't bothered me when he bullied me. I never thought we would end up together, let alone this way. But here I was, smiling at my ceiling, forgetting about what just happened and only thinking about his confession.

Maybe I was wrong and I did deserve to be cared about.

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《 《《

Hope you enjoyed!

<3