And I needed you

Another day.

It's been a week now.

Day after day I've received bad news from home and my teachers. Day after day my mental issues got more and more the center of my daily life. Another day, Draco hasn't spoken to me.

He told me he's busy and I had understanding first. I thought he meant that for only a day, it's the last day of the week and we haven't spoken since the first.

He hadn't come to my dorm like he always used to do. He always would help me sleep due to the nightmares I have if he doesn't. He would stroke my hair and hum in my ear softly, kiss my forehead and lie next to me sometimes. Now that he hadn't been there, the nightmares had got more either.

Now I was sitting in my dorm, it was sunday, as I said, the last day of the week.

I was crying, hoping at least someone would notice. Hoping at least one person would help me out of my mind.

But nobody was there.

The only person, who is actually able to help me with it wasn't there.

I was crying madly, yet quietly. My hair was a little messy, my hands shaking only slightly, my head hurt and my heart couldn't take this state anymore. It clenched too often in only one day, more and more as my anxiety grew each day.

But all this quit within a second as soon as there was a knock on the door of my dark dorm. I looked up and at my door, wondering who would come at night.

A storm was outside, making wind noises and filling the silence in my somewhat dark room.

I wiped my tears and stood up from my bed, walking towards the door slowly. Again, another quiet and soft knock.

I opened the door slowly, in front of me a pale, unhealthy looking Draco Malfoy.

I stepped back quite many steps as he stood at the entrance of my dorm. The light of the corridor peeked in, giving the dorm a dark shade of yellow light.

His face turned rather soft as he saw me. He stepped in and closed the door behind quietly. He turned back around, looking at me again from the distance, since I moved further back.

"(y/n)" he whispered almost inaudibly. He looked at me apologetically. "What happened?" He asked softly and took a step, but I immediately stepped back, looking up in disbelief.

"What?" I said, also almost inaudibly.

"I can see that you were crying." He reached out for my hand, but I just looked at his, not moving an inch.

"Where were you?" I whispered.

"I told you I was busy. I'm sorry, but I-"he didn't finish, maybe even couldn't?

"I've had the worst week of my life."

"(y/n)" he whispered inbetween.

"And I needed you." I said quietly, tears threatening to pour down my face at the thought of my week.

"I'm so-" he, once again, stepped forward and just like I did before, I stepped back, not looking at him.

"I-" I didn't know what to say.

Did I have the right to be mad at him? But he had a rough time too, he told me. So was it selfish from me?

"Where were you?" I asked lightly.

"I was busy. Partially at home, partially here."

"And you didn't have one second to talk or look at me? I even would've been grateful if you were next to me. Alone your presence is so important to me, Draco." I whispered.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"Yeah" I wiped my tears away. "Doesn't matter anymore anyway." I shrugged and muttered. "Would you please go out now?" I asked softly, not looking at him.

"(y/n)" he whispered, almost pleading.

"Please." I said quietly. I was already at the urge to cry again, I didn't need the push.

He looked at me one more time before walking out slowly. And as the door closed, I let it all out again.

timeskip

Draco's pov:

I pushed everyone out of my way harshly, not caring about anyone who fell or got hurt by it. I ran through the crowd of students, rushing to the hospital wing.

It'd been a week since we had spoken.

"Where is she?!" I shouted as I entered.

Madame Pomfrey looked at me, shocked from the sudden loud noise in the previous silent hospital wing. She pointed at the bed at the very end of the room. I rushed.

I sat down on her bed, looking at her pale face before taking her ice cold hands in mine.

"She's asleep right?" I asked with a shaky voice, worried, my heart pounding like crazy.

"She is, Malfoy." Madame Pomfrey said assuringly.

"(y/n)?" I cupped her face and looked at her closed eyes. She looked rather unhealthy. What have I done? "(y/n)" I repeated, tears in my eyes by now. She opened them slowly and looked at me weakly. The sparkles in her eyes had disappeared.

"Draco?" She whispered, her eyes almost closing again.

I shook my head yes continuously, probably looking exaggeratedly concerned, but I didn't care, because it was the truth. I thought I'd lost her.

"(y/n)" I said again, trying to get her to keep her eyes open. "I love you, (y/n)." I placed my forehead against hers. "I'm so sorry for everything."

She smiled weakly, wiping my tears with her thumb, her eyes closed as my forehead was still against hers.

"Don't be. It's my fault." She whispered.

"Don't lie to yourself. I got told you fainted. You fainted because of the unhealthy, damaging, cold sadness in you, that caused you to get weaker and weaker. I know I'm the one who caused you that sadness. And I'm so so sorry." I said slowly and took my forehead from hers, looking in her eyes.

"I was selfish and stupid for letting you go. It was my fault." She said again. I chuckled at her stubbornness, causing her to smile.

"I missed you."

"I missed you more."

"We're good again?" I asked and her smile widened a bit.

"Yes, good again."

I kissed her forehead and her cheek caringly.

"It's past curfew. You have to go." She told me, but I snuggled up against her, laying next to her in the bed, my arm around her waist.

"Just a little more." I whispered as I buried my face in the crook of her neck. She chuckled at that and turned her head to the side to kiss my hair.

"I love you." She whispered.

"You're my everything." I responded, mumbling against her neck. I quietly repeated, whispering. "My everything."

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《

Hope you enjoyed!

<3