We were on a break!

"Then tell me why you were sitting together with that blood traitor!"

"Cause he's my friend! A friend, Draco! Stop being so jealous."

"You're never spending time with me!"

"That's not true. You know that's not true, I'm always with you!"

He looked at me angrily as I stared at him. A long silence followed.

"I think we should take a break." I whispered

"What?" His angry face fell and was replaced by a confused one. "You're breaking up with me?"

"No! I said a break. A break, because I can't handle this constant arguing, Draco. I think we should take a break."

He looked at me, walked past me and bumped his shoulder against mine. He slammed the door shut and I walked back, sitting on my bed and crying.

-the next week-

I walked into the great hall and sat down. The meals appeared and I began to eat. As I was looking around, I noticed that Draco wasn't there. Odd, I thought. He never misses breakfast.

I stood up slowly and went back to the common room to check on him. I walked up to his dorm and opened his door slowly. I walked inside and saw him laying on his bed, his bare back facing me, his face buried in his pillow.

I wanted to wake him up, but something caught my eye.

A necklace.

I lifted it and looked at it. It was the same one my room mate showed me after she'd bought it from Hogsmeade.

"Hey" I heard Draco mumbling and rubbing his eyes. My eyes began to fill with tears and he sat up. "What are you doing?"

"I can't believe you." I whispered.

"What?" He asked and his eyes widened as he noticed the necklace in my hand.

"I can't believe you." I repeated and threw the necklace at his chest. I turned around to walk away, but he grabbed my wrist. Now I could see that he was only in his boxers.

"(y/n)" he said softly.

"Don't touch me!" I shouted.

"You don't even have the right to be mad at me!" He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?-"

"Yeah, we were on a break!"

"I can't do this now." I said and turned around, slamming the door behind me shut. I walked back into my dorm and just cried.

-two weeks later-

I walked in the hallway and saw him. "(y/n)." He tried to talk to me, but I ignored it. ,,(y/n), (y/n)!" He tried to grab my hand. I walked into the great hall and he after me. I sat down.

"Hey, Blaise" I greeted him and he smiled.

"(y/n)" Draco said from behind and I ignored him. "Blaise, say something." He looked at him.

"Mate, you cheated."

"We were on a break!" He said.

I stood up and walked away, right into my dorm. And of course, he followed me.

"(y/n), listen to me!"

"I can't believe you, Draco." I said, turning around to face him.

I took a deep breath. "Do you think it's easy for me to see you with somebody else?" I whisper asked after a long silence.

,,Hey, you were the one who ended it remember." He pointed at me with his index finger.

"Yes, because I was mad at you not because I stopped loving you!" I said and he stared at me. "I- I never thought you would do that, Draco." I smiled through the tears and the pain in my heart. "I wouldn't have ever thought The Draco Malfoy would do that. The overprotective Draco Malfoy, who doesn't let me sit with another boy. The sweet Draco Malfoy, who used to cuddle with me. The Draco Malfoy I loved. Look what happened. Ladies and gents" I said, opening my arms as if I'm talking to people. ,,The Draco Malfoy cheated, where he couldn't trust me with other guys. The Draco Malfoy snuggled up against another girl. What happened?" I still smiled

"(y/n), we were on a break."

"Yes, exactly! A break! A break for us to think about our mistakes and not make bigger ones! A break after which we should come back together happy. A break!"

"(y/n), it was a mistake." He said quietly.

"A mistake? And while doing so, what were you thinking? What was going on in your mind as you were with another girl?" I stopped. "So, if I had ended it, you would've forgotten me, been over me? You would've gone to another girl?" I whisper asked.

"No! I wouldn't. (Y/n), please forgive me. I love you, (y/n), please."

"You know, I never felt that way." I said. "It's disgusting, the feeling I mean. But I guess yours must be worse." I said, looking at the floor. "The awful feeling of regretting something you did. Knowing and being aware that everything that's happening right now is your fault." I looked up and walked towards him slowly. "The feeling of guilt." I tapped with my index finger on his chest. "The feeling of losing somebody you love." I walked backwards.

"(y/n)" he whispered and I backed away as he tried to cup my cheek.

"I- I can't. How am I supposed to trust you? What do you expect from me? To hop into your arms right after some other girl was wrapped in them?" I asked as my voice cracked into a whisper.

"No! Just give me a second chance, please. I'll do everything to make you happy!"

"I- I can't" I shook my head no.

"(y/n)-"

"No" I said.

After a long silence, he turned around to open the door. But before he could go out, he looked back at me for the last time.

I was looking at the floor with my glassy eyes, avoiding the eye contact.

"I'll wait for you. Forever if necessary." He said and walked slowly out.

Silence entered the room. No noises. Just the wind outside, hitting the windows. I stood there, frozen, staring at the closed door. My breath uneven.

What did just happen?

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《

I'm so sorry if it was bad, cause I actually wrote it once and wanted to publish it, but I deleted everything accidentally and had to rewrite the whole story. So again, I'm sorry if it's bad. I restarted writing it immediately and tried to remember as much as possible.

But I really hope you enjoyed reading it! Have a great night/day

<3