In my head

The last days weren't my best. I was constantly arguing with Draco. Once he was different, but something changed. I can't put my finger on it, but it did. He isn't the one he used to be.

And here was I now, again. Standing in front of him, while he's telling me how much pressure I put on him.

"I just want to know if you're okay." I said.

"I'm not, alright?! I. am not. Okay." He spat angrily.

"You don't understand! I want you to be okay."

"But I won't be! I'll never be! I don't deserve it. Don't you understand that?!"

"Then tell me!" I raised my voice too, throwing my hands in the air frustratedly. "Tell me what I can do to make you happy, tell me!"

"You can't do anything!"

"I can. I want to."

"Stop!"

"No! I won't stop until you're happy!"

"Why don't you just leave it. What are you trying to do?!"

"To get the old Draco back!" I shouted louder than before.

He looked at me in disbelief, in silence. It was quiet, the shouting quit for a few seconds.

"I want my Draco back." I my voice cracked a little and he looked to the side to hide his teary eyes.

"I think we should give it a break." He whispered, looking down.

"What?" I turned my head to him, my eyes widening. "Are you serious?"

"Yes." He muttered. "Leave"

I looked at him in shock. I actually thought he would try to get things straight, but he just caught me off guard with his words. My lower lip trembled a bit and I bit my lip to prevent myself from crying in front of him. I turned around and shut the door behind me aggressively and loudly. I ran down the hallway and outside.

"Hey, (y/n)." Cedric greeted me, but his smile fell as I pushed past him, crying. "Hey, hey!" He grabbed my arm and looked at me. "Why are you-" he asked, his eyebrows furrowed. "Again?" He asked and I nodded.

He pulled me into a tight hug and stroked my hair. "He loves you. He won't leave you, just wait." He said and I nodded against his shoulder.

"I fell in love with the version of him I created in my head, not him. I'm falling, but I'd never thought he would leave me. I thought he was the one, but it was all in my head, Cedric." I mumbled.

"No, you're just frustrated and want his past self back. I know you do love him."

"Yes, I do." I whispered to myself.

Days, weeks passed and I heard nothing from him. That was it, I thought.

I was walking down the stairs, out to the black lake. On my way, I stopped. In front of the black lake was he, looking at me. He had a somewhat apologetic look on his face. I slowly approached him and noticed the dark circles under his eyes, his pale skin, his sleepless eyes.

"Yeah?" I asked, trying to act as cold as I could, and he looked at me, tearing up.

Before I could ask any further, he pulled me into a tight hug. A really tight one. I slowly hugged him back, confused.

"I'm so sorry. I tried to forget you, to forget everything, but I couldn't. I can't. It's just not possible. You're a part of my life. I thought with a break I would forget you and I wouldn't pull you into all that what I didn't want. I want you to have a choice, different from me." He whispered into my ear. "I love you, (y/n). I'll change, alright. I'll change for you, but please never leave me."

"Is it real this time or is it in my head, Draco?" I whispered and he looked at me, cupping my cheeks.

"It's real, (y/n). I love you." He kissed my forehead and hugged me again.

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《

Hope you enjoyed

<3