I hate you

a few weeks before the war

"You cannot always try to hide things from me! You said you love me, then share your information, Draco. Tell me why this letter says something about Voldemort! Don't drive me crazy and tell me, that what I got from this isn't true! Tell me, Draco!" I shouted at him and cried, yet didn't want to seem weak. I was holding a black envelope in one hand and a letter tightly in the other.

"You" he pointed at me with his index finger. "You are the worst." He continued and my heart dropped. "You can't trust me, can you? Always trying to find out what I'm on about. I wouldn't be suprised if you told me you never loved me but worked for Potter to get information." He sneered.

My heart dropped even more. I couldn't believe his words. After all the things we'd been through. After all the time we'd spent together. After all the nights, days, months, years we'd comforted each other, made each other happy, told we loved one another. After everything, he pulls this?

"I cannot believe you." I closed my eyes for a split second and smiled sarcastically. I opened my eyes again, staring at his guiltless face. "That's what you think about me?" My voice broke again. "You" I punched his chest "Idiot!" I punched it once more.

"Don't touch me!" He yelled and I backed away.

I just couldn't do this anymore. I loved him and love him so much. Why does he have to hide things. I would've let it be if he hadn't looked this unhealthy and fearfull. I'm worried, so worried, cause I love him.

"I hate you." I said and knew instantly, I'll regret this, even in hundred years.

His anger grew even more, his eyes becoming darker, his lips rolling in disgust.

"I hate you, too." He spat.

Even though I had said it first, it hurt. It genuinely hurt. My heart stung. I thought maybe he wouldn't say it back or response whatsoever.

Out of anger, I whispered this time. "Out."

"What?" He looked at me confused.

Why would he be confused?

"Out." I repeated.

"Coward." He said harshly and turned around and opened the door to walk out. But before he was completely gone, he turned his head to the side. "I hate you." He whispered again and slammed the door shut.

As soon as the door was shut, I collapsed. I felt so tired and started to cry. I love him, I love him, I love him. Why does this have to be so complicated.

after the war

Draco's pov:

I waited another day.

I waited just to not have to face anyone.

The day I never wanted, despised and was afraid of came and I eventually walked out of the Manor.

I held the flowers tightly in my hand, though was careful enough, so that they wouldn't break. (Your favourite flowers), her favourite ones. I smiled to myself and tried my best to not let out anything... yet.

I stopped as I arrived and sat down calmly, putting the flowers down beside me.

I sighed deeply and let out a soft, breathy, quiet, almost inaudible and painful chuckle.

"You're smart." I began, trying not to break down at the beginning. "So I assume that my last words to you didn't offend you, cause you know I didn't mean it." My heart clenched at the memory. "I told you, that I- that I hate you." My voice was about to give out, but I cleared my throat, trying so hard to stay strong. "You know, that-" I couldn't take it, I cried. "That I love you." A tear rolling down my cheek, I continued. "The thing I hid from you, I assume you already know what it was. I saw your disappointed, yet oh so caring face as I walked to the other side, the other side you weren't on, the side, that-" I tried my hardest to speak it out. "Killed you." Even more tears poured down my cheeks. "I- I just wanted to protect you is all." I cried. "Was that not good enough? Was I not good enough?" I cried and cried, leaning my forehead against her gravestone. "I didn't want my last words to be those. I- I wouldn't have ever thought, that I would tell you I hated you. I was clearly dumb enough to do so, but please tell me you knew I didn't mean it. Tell me you ignored it." I tried not to sob. "Let me fix it, please." I whispered. "I love you. I love you, (y/n). I love you, I love you, I love you. I could repeat this a thousand times, but it won't change the fact that, in that moment, I could see how your beautiful soul got broken by me. I could see it on your face, (y/n). You were so disappointed and confused." I closed me eyes, squeezing them shut in despair before opening them again. "I thought I was protecting you, but I failed. I failed, (y/n). Please forgive me. I love you so so much. If I had known, that I wouldn't ever be able to hear your soft voice, see your pretty face again, I would've held you tightly. And I would've told you, that I love you, several times. I would've buried my face in the crook of your neck and kissed your forehead like I always used to do. I'm so sorry for messing up. So sorry. So so-" I stopped myself and quit the apologizing.

I closed my eyes, the side of my head against the gravestone, sitting next to the flowers, I spoke again, still regretting not telling this as I needed to the most.

"I love you."

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《

Sorry if I made you upset or if you cried, I'm so sorry for this!
Hope you enjoyed and hope you have a great day/night!

<3