"I owe you the dance"

Flashback to fourth year:

I gathered my courage, walked up to Draco and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey" I said as he turned around from his group of friends.

"You want something?" He asked as he avoided the eye contact, looking outta the window.

"Um, I wanted to ask you something." I said and I saw him winking to another girl, who was at the opposite side of the room.

That's where my anxiety rose. What was I thinking? I thought and turned around.

"What do you want, (y/l/n)." He paid attention to me now.

"I- I was just thinking if we could go to the- uh- the Yule Ball. Um, together." I rubbed the back of my neck anxiously.

He laughed. "Wait, that wasn't a joke?" He raised an eyebrow as he realized. "No" he said simply and coldly and turned back around.

End of flashback (year six)

I remember that night inside and out. Pretty embarrassing. But since then, everything had changed. Over the past years we became really close, due to the same issues we share.

Both of us were forced to stuff we didn't want to do. Dark stuff. Therefore we got to know each other better. Thus we became pretty close.

Now, I was at the Malfoy Manor again, looking out of a huge window, my palm at my chin, deep in thoughts.

"Hey, (y/n)." Draco's voice echoed in the hallway.

I turned my head to him. "Yeah?"

"Wanna come?" He held his hand out and I hesitated first, but took it in the end. He led me out to the large flower field, which was a litte far away from the Manor.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked, admiring the colours of all the different flowers.

"I think I owe you something." He said and I looked at him confused.

Once again, he held his hand out and I took it slowly. He pulled me close to him, causing our chests to touch. I looked up and he looked me in the eyes, smiling a little bit. His platinum blond hair falling on his forehead, one of his hands on my waist, the other intertwined with my hand, he began to sway to the side.

"Draco?" I asked and he leaned down to my ear.

"I owe you the dance. The dance at the Yule Ball." He whispered and swayed to the other side, smirking.

"We don't even have music." I looked at him, blushing a little bit.

"No worries." He said, leaned down to put his chin on my shoulder and began to hum a song into my ear quietly.

I closed my eyes. Draco's humming, the dark sky, the cold wind blowing in my face as well as his scent calming me. I forgot every worry I had. Everything just disappeared. Around him, every negative thought was gone. It was just him and me.

"I love you." He whispered, stopping to hum, his chin still on my shoulder and his hands on my back, hugging me.

"I love you, too." I whispered and kissed his hair. "I love you forever, Draco Malfoy."

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《

Thank u for almost 800 reads

Hope you enjoyed!

<3