Arranged marriage

I was walking into the great hall about to take my usual seat next to Draco, but stopped. There was a girl sitting on my seat. I walked slower and stood behind him. I tapped the girl's shoulder and she turned around to face me. I looked at Draco, who had a rather apologetic look on his face.

"And you are?" She asked annoyed after waiting for me to say something.

"I-"

"(y/n), can I talk to you?" Draco interrupted me.

"No, no, wait. I wanna meet her first."

"(y/n), it's important." He looked at me seriously as I didn't take my eyes off her.

When I didn't say anything, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the great hall.

"Ouh!" I held my wrist in pain as we stopped in an empty corridor.

"I have to tell you something." He said and I looked at him anxiously. "I-" he sighed and took a deep breath, looking at the floor.

"Draco?" I said concerned, but he wouldn't look up. "Draco-"

"My parents" he began and interrupted me. "My parents they-" he looked me straight in the eyes. "They arranged a marriage." He said and looked back down, not daring to look up.

I looked at him, my lips slightly parted in shock. He looked back up.

"But I still love you."

"And you?" I whispered, looking him in the eyes. "What did you say as you got told this?" My eyes began to tear up.

He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I smiled sarcastically and shook my head. "You didn't even try to say something, did you?" I looked at him, not wanting to believe.

"(y/n), you know my father. I could nev-"

"Draco! They're trying to take you away from me and- and the only thing you care about is your father? You let him ruin your whole life!"

"Because there's no other way!" He shouted, shocking me a little.

"There is, there can be!"

"Then tell me." He crossed his arms and bit the inside of his cheek.

"You could've said no. And if you're scared do to so, we could've run away. Let alone you would've let me sit on my seat next to you. There's a girl inside, who's sitting next to you and all you do is just stare at me."

,,No, I didn't I-" nothing came out.

I looked to my side, trying to prevent tears from flowing down my cheeks.

"So you're just gonna throw away what we have?" I whispered after a short silence.

He didn't say anything. I looked up, noticing his glassy eyes.

"(Y/n)-"

"No, don't bother." I smiled

"(y/n)." He tilted his head.

"Save your words for your fiancée. I have no reason to talk to you anymore." I said and walked away.

I heard him call my name and follow me, but he eventually gave up.

I went to my bed and continued crying.

-time skip to one year later-

We had graduated and now I was living in an old flat. One day, I came home from Hermione's and as I entered my home, I saw a letter on my window, brought from an owl. I closed the door behind me, took my coat off and walked there. I lifted it and read.