A father

Draco was at work and I had a strong stomach ache and headache all day. He would come back home at midnight, so I waited. At least I tried to.

The sun barely set and the stomach ache became even stronger. I began to suspect what it could be. As I was about to shrug it off after a few what if theories, I hang at the last thought.

I stood up from the couch and walked to the mirror in my bedroom. I stood sideways and lifted my top. I looked at my stomach in the mirror and my hand made its way to it slowly. I held it for a while.

I grabbed my keys and walked out of the house, on my way to a doctor. I didn't know much of them and asked Hermione to help me out.

She brought me to a muggle one and the doctor examined me. She told me to go back home and that she would call me as soon as she knows what my issue was.

"It'll be alright, (y/n). It's probably nothing." Hermione rubbed my back and I smiled at her. "Now, go and rest." She said and helped me to get to my house.

She left and I sat on the couch after getting into my pajamas. I read a book, but couldn't concentrate on the storyline. I just had to think about what it could be, what I would tell Draco. I decided to keep it to myself until I'd have the results.

Worrying more and more, the time came and I heard the door open.

"Hello, darling." Draco said and I smiled at him.

He took his coat off and walked over to me, kissing my forehead right after. He hopped on the seat next to me and stared at me.

"Like what you see?" I joked and he kissed my cheek.

"Indeed." He smiled. "You waited for me? You could've gone to sleep, you know." He said and I just smiled.

Then I thought about it again, should I tell him?

"Is something wrong?" He asked and his smile fell.

"No, no." I shook my head.

"You sure?"

I looked at him. How can I keep that a secret?

"Actually I-" the phone rang at that moment and I rushed over to it, grabbed it. "Yeah, hello?"

Draco stood up and walked towards me. My eyes widened and I held my hand in the air, motioning him to stop. He looked at me confused and I just kept on nodding.

"A-alright. Thank you." I stuttered and put the phone away, biting on my lower lip nervously.

"Who was it? Are you okay?" He asked and I looked at him somewhat anxious.

"Draco" I whispered and my eyes began to well up. "I- I-" I rubbed my face and he looked at me, somewhat nervous. I gathered my courage and looked him in the eyes. I walked closer to him and put my hands on his shoulder. "You're gonna be a father." I whispered and he stood still.

My vision was blurred, due to the amount of tears in my eyes.

"I- I" he stuttered and his eyes widened. "A what?" He asked in shock and I chuckled. "A father, Draco. You're gonna be a father."

He looked me in the eyes and kissed me. He pulled away and held me up, spinning me around as I kept on giggling.

"We'll have a child! We're gonna be a family."He shouted and I buried my face in the crook of his neck. "I love you, (y/n)." He whispered.

"I love you, too, Draco."

"You think I'll do good as a father?"

"I don't think that, I know it." I said and his smile grew.

He hugged me again and kissed my cheek multiple times and I couldn't stop smiling.

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《