No choice

Flashback

"And you don't like anyone?" I smiled as my eyes were on the night sky.

"No one but you." He said softly as we both lay on the soft green grass.

I smiled widely. I turned my head and looked at his side profile. I saw the corner of his lips move up a little. He was trying to hide a smile. He turned his head to me and now he couldn't hold it back. He smiled a wide genuine smile.

"Can't get enough of me?" He raised his brow and his smile turned into a smirk.

I punched his shoulder playfully and let out a breathy chuckle. "Oh, shut it."

I turned my head back and could still feel his eyes on me. I closed my eyes and breathed in, enjoying this moment.

"You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen." He whispered and I opened my eyes, blushing a little.

"You're so cheesy!" I giggled and sat up. I looked to my side and down to him. He stared at me, his back still on the ground.

"Am not." He whined and I chuckled.

He sat up. I couldn't take my eyes off him. His eyes wandered from my eyes to my lips and he leaned in slowly. His lips met mine and he kissed me briefly, yet passionatley. He pulled away and placed his forehead against mine.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you more."

Present time

I smiled at the memory. I wish I could go back to that time.

I changed. He changed. Everything had changed.

I barely got to see Draco. He was always busy for some reason. He didn't want to talk about it. Not only was he living unhealthy but I. If he's not eating, neither am I. I couldn't sleep at night. I was worried. He'd gotten thinner and dark circles under his eyes. He didn't look the same.

Today was the same just like every other day. I took classes, but didn't pay attention, I didn't even bother to go to the great hall and eat, I walked alone in the quiet and empty corridors as my eyes were heavy and my head pounding due to the inifinite exhaustion I felt, I lay on my bed and looked at the ceiling blankly.

The raindrops hit the window and that was the only noise heard. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. As I opened them, I couldn't help but cry. I cried cause I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't take anything. It was so difficult, so dreadful. The feeling of not having Draco by me was undescribable painful. It hurt, it genuinely hurt. I needed him. I needed him like I needed air. Like I needed to breathe. He made it hard for me.

There was a knock at the door, pulling me out of my deep thoughts. I sat up and they opened the door slowly.

Draco stood there, looking at me blankly.

"Draco?" I asked suprised and shocked, yet happy and glad. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to hug him again, but I couldn't move for some reason. I was frozen.

He came in slowly. "Can I talk with you?" He asked and my heartbeat's pace quickened.

"S-sure." I shook my head and stood up.

We walked out of my dorm and the common room. He didn't stop until we were on an unknown, empty, not being used floor. He turned around and looked me deeply in the eyes. Fear and sadness were written in them.

"I-" he took a deep breath as he stared at me, almost as if he couldn't bear to look away. "Whatever happens, I love you forever and I'm so- so sorry for everything." He whispered and I just stared at him confused. He sniffled quietly, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.