death eater attack

I, as always, sat on the window sill in the corner of an empty corridor with my book in my hands, reading, as Draco turned the corner rushingly, hands on his neck, trying to loosen his collar.

"Oh, Malfoy." I said softly, closing my book slowly as I saw his figure in the dark, in the moonlight brightened distance.

He stopped and his eyes landed on mine, stress and fear visible in them.

"You again, (y/l/n)?" He asked, slowly walking towards me, trying to play off what he was doing.

"I'm always here at night. Reading" I responded lowly. "And you?"

"That's none of your concern." He spat, yet clear was, he was not the same as always. He was not angry, he tried to be.

"Alright." I opened my book again.

He looked at me confused as I continued reading. After a somewhat long and calm silence, he asked "Why are you always here at night?"

I raised my head only to meet his questioning beautiful eyes. "I love the night. And what you're doing here every night?"

"That's none of your business."He replied coldly.

"Okay." I said and smiled at him slightly, turning back to my book. After a few seconds, he decided to sit next to me. I looked up from my book and at him. I smiled, he tried to, the corner of his lips going up a little.

"You know, everyone thinks you're such an awful person." I whispered as we looked at the wall opposite us. "They think you have no feelings. They suppose you're heartless and incapable of loving someone and being loved by someone." I turned my head to him slowly. "But I don't think that." I whispered and he looked at me. A single teardrop glimmed in the corner of his eye. He turned his head back to the front quickly.

"I-" he was rather speechless. "Thank you." He whispered hesitantly.

"I don't know what you're going through and wether the rumours are right or wrong, but I know you'd never do anything bad willingly, Draco. Whatever it is, if you're not able to sleep or if you want to talk, are stressed, anxious, I'll always be sitting here."

He smiled slightly.

————-

Draco's pov:

I didn't want to go there again, I couldn't. But whatever it was, I was drawn to it. The feeling of being loved it was I suppose.

So yet again, I was walking down the hallway. This time not to go to the room of requirement, but to see her, (y/n).

I shouldn't do it. That's going to get her in trouble probably, but I couldn't do anything else.

Was I selfish for wanting to be loved? Was I selfish for risking her life just to hear her soft voice?

I don't know, I never will.

There she sat as I arrived. She looked up from her book, a hair strand falling in front of her eyes. She smiled a soft smile, making all my worries vanish.

What did I do to deserve you?

I smiled back, walking towards her and taking my seat on the window sill.

"How have you been?"!I asked and she closed her book.

"Exceptionally well. How have you been?"

"Um- I've been- better. Yeah, better."

"You don't look as stressed anymore." She said, examining my face. "I'm happy to see you careless." She smiled again.

The night went by faster as I wanted and I eventually had to leave. Planning on going there the next night too, I fell asleep without any worries.