Promise

"And it's gonna be over."(Y/n) smiled as she held Draco's hands up, playing with his fingers as they both lie on their backs in (y/n)'s dorm, on her bed.

"Mhm." Draco smiled at the thought too.

"There will be no sides. It'll be me and you."

"Me and you only." He said lowly.

We continued listening to the raindrops, which were hitting the window pane loudly and harshfully, the room being dark and gloomy.

"Draco?" (y/n) whispered, knowing her voice would crack if she tried to talk any louder.

"Yes, love?"

For a moment, she didn't talk at all, which got Draco wondering for a second. But he understood as she began to talk again, her voice shaking slightly. She tried to not lose it all.

"It'll be over, right?" She asked doubtingly. "Nothing's gonna happen, right?" Slowly not being able to hold any tears back any longer, Draco heard a quiet sob escape her lips. "I'm scared."

Draco placed his hand on the side of her head and pulled her down to his chest, hugging her as tight as he could, trying to pull her closer- if that was even possible.

"You don't need to be scared." He whispered. "I'm there for you. Always will be."

"Promise?"

"I promise." He smiled slightly, her sweet and soft voice causing him to forget all his worries within a second. "You promise me, you'll always be mine? Forever?"

"I promise." Draco heard her whisper exhaustedly before he only heard her breathing heavily. She fell asleep.

After the war

Draco walked through the halls of Hogwarts. Through the halls of the place where he grew up, watching the castle being smashed. Deep down he knew, despite his remarks about it, always telling everyone how much he despised it, he knew, when he was coming back from the break, from home, an absolute feeling of relief flowed through him. He was home.

Now pretending to not care about it, he ran to the great hall, where he heard everyone's gathered. He ran with a lump in his throat, having a feeling of uncomfortness and fear in him, sweat on his forehead, making his hair stick on it.

"Where are you" he whispered, loosening his tie to be able to breathe at least a little. Feeling like his lungs were pressed together, he tried to convince himself (y/n) would turn around the corner and hug him every second.

Stepping into the great hall, he searched for the girl he loved till the end.

"Where is she?" He mumbled panickingly as he dragged Neville by his collar close to him. "Where is (y/n)?" He asked, pure hope written in his eyes.

"Draco" Neville said quietly, trying to calm him down a little.

"Tell me, Longbottom. Where is she?" He asked, his lower lip trembling only slightly.

Everyone was with their families and friends. Some dead, some crying, some being healed.

Neville looked down as Draco looked him straight in the eyes, his strong aggressive grip on Neville's collar not loosening a bit.

"She's over there." He whispered, pointing in a direction, which Draco turned his head to immediately. Letting go of Neville, he made his way there.

"(y/n)?" He smiled slightly, expecting and desperately hoping her soft voice to call out 'I'm here, Draco'.

Oh to hear her voice say my name, he thought.

"Malfoy" Pansy turned around from the small crowd of people, eyes and nose red from crying, her short hair messy from all the fighting, face smothered in dirt, a few cuts visible on her skin.

Draco, not knowing what to think and what to assume, looked at the other people next to her, all of them looking the same as Pansy.

"I was looking for- for (y/n)." He whispered, the hope dying, yet him not giving up easily.

Pansy pressed her lips together, tilted her head and furrowed her eyesbrows. She was trying her hardest to not cry again. "I'm sorry, Draco." She whispered with her shaky voice.

That's when he saw her. Beneath everyone, her face pale.

Draco fell on his knees beside her cold, lifeless body, the knot in his throat being released and turned into a sob.

His hope entirely dead.

"(y/n)?" He whispered, grabbing her ice cold hand. "(y/n), I'm here for you. Just like I promised. (Y/n)?" He said lowly, making everyone cover their mouths to not let out sobs. Not wanting to believe anything, Draco shook his head no. "You're not- you- (y/n)!" He said louder, frustrated. "(y/n), you can't leave, you hear me!" He said with a raised voice, his endlessly shaking hands cupping her cheeks, stroking her hair. "You can't do this to me. You cannot leave."

He felt absolutely guilty. He had promised her he would be there for her. He told her there would be no need to be scared.

"Don't" He sank his head down on her cold shoulder, his voice getting more quiet. "- leave me, please." He sobbed against her, eyes completely shut in utter grief and dejection. He felt a pressure on his chest as he tried to breathe evenly.

"Draco" He heard Pansy whisper. It was quite obvious, that she was fighting back tears. "Dumbledore will take care of her now-" But the rest of what she said was just a blur to Draco. He just couldn't hear anyone right now. His mind couldn't focus on anything else. Anything else beside the fact, that the love of his life just died.

Hugging her body, he cried, hands shaking, lower lip trembling, sobs escaping his lips as more and more tears left his eyes, his throat burning, mouth and lips dry as his vision was blurred by the amount of tears in them.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, then he heard Dumbledore say his name lowly.

"I'm there for you. Forever. Just as promised."Draco continued, crying, his mind completely lost at this point.

"Draco" he heard Dumbledore's quiet voice again.

"You'll always be mine. I'll always be yours."He whispered against her shoulder.

And just like that, he got carefully pulled away.

He took a last glance at the face of his love. And after she was gone, carried out of the great hall, he knew he'll never be able to feel happiness again. Ever.

He knew, he'll forget what love felt like.

He'll never love again.

《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《《

Hope you liked whatever this was, lol

Have a great day/ night!

<3