Six - There's A New Sheriff In Town

It was like the time you met Jungkook first - hopefulness bloomed inside you, ready to break out of your chest and envelope you in the childish thought that 'everything was going to be fine'.

When you heard the voice of a stranger - another human - deep, pleasant and hoarse, sort of rough around the edges, your body had turned around all on itself, heart beat increasing with anticipation.

For some odd reason Jungkook had tried to stop you, had reached out for you wrist, as if he wanted to pull you away but didn't - his fingers just rested loosely around your arm, while you looked up at the stranger whose voice had felt like heaven just now.

He stood on top of a heap of cars, that had once all crashed into each other. His figure relatively slim compared to Jungkook, black, oversized shirt fluttering around his body, ripped black jeans and a pair of dirty, used vans. He looked pretty pale, almost unhealthily you noticed, slander fingers wrapped around an old messenger back he had carelessly thrown over his shoulder. You couldn't see his face clearly, as he was standing right in front of the setting sun, but what caught your attention was the holster on his belt, that you were pretty sure contained a gun.

The stranger moved languidly, steps light and casual as he hopped off the car, coming closer until you were able to see his face clearly.

Fluffy, black hair that was gradually growing out, intelligent, piercing eyes that were slightly tilted upwards, fine eyebrows and a cute nose that made him look out right pretty.

His expression was rather dull, though you did see a glint of curiosity in his eyes, making you assume that his face just was a typical case of resting bitch face.

Behind him climbed a blonde woman over the cars with a serious expression, face and whole over aura seeming somewhat aristocratic. She was holding a large military knife, in a way that made you immediately understand that she knows how to use it, body language rather wary.

The pretty boy now stopped in front of you, Jungkook still holding onto you from behind. Black-hair eyed you with an impassive look, expression impossible to read, while the woman caught up with him.

"Jesus Christ," She said, scrutinizing Jungkook and you in a more open manner, "I can't believe it. How long have you guys been out here?"

You're a shy person. You usually weren't the one answering first. Jungkook didn't know that, because he'd never seen you interact with anyone else but him.

You turned around in search of help, seeing your companion looking unusually hostile.

"W-We sorta lost track of time by now." You answered eventually, "But I wasn't always with him - I met him a few weeks after it happened."

"How do you defend yourself?" This was the first time pretty boy addressed you, after having assessed both of you carefully, "I don't see any weapon."

Your lips twitched and you pointed behind your with your thumb, "I have him."

Jungkook jammed the scythe into the ground as if wanting to underline your words.

Pretty boy smirked, "Seems a little impractical, no? Or, at least unusual." - referring to the ridiculously large weapon.

"I'm doin' fine." Jungkook answered, voice dripping hostility in a way you'd never heard before.

The woman cocked a brow, serious attitude managing to both intimidate and make you feel assured, "Girl, your friend seems a bit upset."

You shrugged helplessly, never having experienced Jungkook like that, "Don't mind him."

"Looks like he's hard to get along with." Pretty boy pointed out, slightly provocative.