Eighteen - Breaking The Ice

The transition from snowy, piercing-cold outside to the chilly, eerily empty but non the less safer insides of Yongsan Station was a relieving, and overall we-finally-made-it kinda feeling.

Your steps echoed through empty halls, that seemed to be endless above your heads and all around you. Light fell through the glass roof, making the dead silent room look bright and inviting.

You walked in front, each of your steps wary, while Jungkook trailed behind, scythe thrown over his shoulder casually, as if he wasn't tensed up as well.

Neither of you had to say it out loud, it went without saying that you understood; There were barricades on every other entry, besides the main one. Both of you knew what that meant.

"They did a great job here." Jungkook mumbled, hilt of his weapon softly banging against the wooden, highly-improvised barricade as if testing it's steadiness.

"M-hm." You looked around, nervous and giddy like you've never been.

You'd talked with Jungkook about it - what you'd do if you met other survivors, that is. Technically, you were prepared. But it was this strange sense of excitement, that question about how these survivors would be. Would they be as crazy as the cannibal couple? Would they be as un-trustworthy as Yoongi and Byul?

You marched further into the room, until you stopped in the middle of the hall, making a 360° turn on your spot to overlook the entire space.

"Now." Jungkook predicted shushed and - as expected he was right - two people jumped from the higher level and landed on each side of you in exactly that moment.

On your side landed a tall man with sand-ish colored hair, a machete strapped to his back. He looked more than hostile, deep frown on his otherwise handsome face.

That's good, you thought. Hostility is good. Hostility doesn't take advantage of us.

The other person was a rather small, skinny girl with quirky piggy-tails and sharp, cat-like eyes. She was grinning, with an expression of childlike curiosity on her face.

"Wow." She just commented, inching closer carefully.

"Yeji, stay back." The sand-haired man warned, voice deep and rumbling, "We don't know what they want."

Just to make sure, you threw Jungkook a look, who was staring at the man with an expression that was close to horrified, though there was clear wariness mixed with it that was similar to the one he's shown Yoongi.

One look of him was enough and you turned back towards the strangers, "Chill, we're just trying to get away from the snow."

"He has a scythe." Yeji pointed out very helpfully.

"Oh, yeah? Didn't notice." You answered without looking at her. The man's frown deepened.

"No need to be so pricky, just thought it was strange." Yeji retorted with a smile, hands entangled behind her back while she inched a step closer again.

"Yeji." Sand-hair said warningly, "And you're really just here 'cuz of the snow?"

You nodded truthfully. That was really it.

"No one else traveling with you?"

"Nope." You answered, starting to wonder why that guy was acting as if he owned this place.

He narrowed his eyes, staring you down for a good minute, until he sighed and threw his hands in the air, "Fine. They're safe."

Promptly, two other guys entered your line of sight - A tall, blond one with a friendly smile and a curious looking black haired one.