Thirty Three - Tell The Fucker That Tap Danced On Me I Hate Him

A steady sough wormed its way into his head, the only sound his muddled brain was able to pick up. His nose faintly recognized the scent of salt, air heavy and humid where ever it was he was currently laying.

Jungkook came to gradually. After a moment, he realized fingers were soothing him to the peaceful inbetween. They grazed through his hair, dipping into locks, to draw light circles and repeat again. Cozied in darkness, he focused on their gentle rhythm.

He felt like he'd been run through a car wash without the car. He felt like he needed a good slap to the face to feel normal again.

As time progressed, he started to feel more and more, started to pick up more of his surroundings; His head was bedded on something soft and warm, his hands buried in a rough, crumbly substance and his eyes- well his eyes felt as if they'd been washed out with bleach, burning and swollen.

He stirred carefully, fighting against whatever stiffness was holding his body down.

"Shhh, take it slow." A faint voice reached his ears, making him stop moving immediately. He recognized this voice- would've recognized it any time.

"Ch-ckie." He pressed out, realizing how much his jaw was hurting for some reason. Not to a surprise though, everything seemed to hurt.

The fingers in his hair retreated for a second, just to gently graze the soft spot behind his ears, a calm humming of this familiar voice accompanying the, to him till this point unknown, sensation.

He furrowed his brows, forcing himself to open his eyes, no matter how much it burned. It was awfully bright and he squinted them together right away, before opening them again hesitantly.

There, above him, hovered the face of his companion, worry edged into her every trait. Her head was surrounded by the sun and if Jungkook had been religious in any way, he'd believed her to be an angel.

As he was starting to get a visual picture of his surroundings - they were stranded on the beach that hopefully belonged to Jeju - he realized what his head was laying on.

Y/N had somehow maneuvered him to lay in her lap, one hand busy with caressing his hair, other  gently pressing against his shoulder, so that he wouldn't slip off.

"How're you feeling?" She cocked her head to the side, wide eyes scanning him carefully.

"Like... someone ran me over with a bloody tank 'n then had an entire kindergarten tap dance on me."

"So, not good?"

"No, I feel fucking amazing, thanks for asking."

"Sheesh, no need to be so snappy." She shook her head, reaching for something that was out of his field of view.

"I'm sorry Chickie, can't hear ya over the euphoria I'm feelin' right now."

He tried to get up, but his arms gave in and his head slumped back into her lap, making him groan frustrated. At least he was laying in the nicest plays possible for this situation.

"So, what happened?" His voice sounded gravely, as if somehow had shoved a living cat down his throat.

She looked back at him, crooked smile looking sorry, "You saved me. As always. You swam all the way while carrying me and lost consciousness a few meters before we reached the beach."

"Are you okay?"

"Are you kidding me?" She snorted, "I'm great. Thanks to your dumb ass."

"Really?"

She rolled her eyes, "Not even a scratch."

"Then why are you upset?"

"Why I-" She sighed exasperated, widely gesturing towards him, "-have you looked at yourself? You look like ten year old shit. Jungkook, look out for yourself once in a while, will ya?"

He grinned up at her, dry lips cracking open at the action, "As long as I'm somehow conscious y' won't get a single scratch on ya."

"Charming." She said dryly, before sliding both her hands underneath his head, "Can you stand?"

"I can hardly move."

"I know, but can you try?" She looked behind her nervously, "Don't wanna stay here in the open for much longer."

"W-Wait-" Now Jungkook really tried to get up, muscles screaming at him to stop, give up and remain where he was, "What's with our stuff?"

"Everything's lost."

His heart stuttered.

 "Everything...?" 

Wide-eyed, he stared at her, pang in his chest more painful than the physical pain his body was currently going through. He imagined that it must feel like that when one loses a relative.

Yup." She nodded, "Besides this ugly thing." She reached behind her again, dragging an old, worn scythe forwards.

Jungkook felt like crying.

"The only other thing you held onto. Probably more than me." She snickered, "When you fainted I even had to dive down for it, fucker."

"I love you." He whimpered out, the shock he just experienced making him temporarily forget his ache, allowing him to sit up and enclose her in a hug.

"Shut up." She puffed, "You can't say this just because I got you your murder weapon, prick."

"S' an important weapon." Jungkook hardly realized what chaos his earlier three words had caused in her.

"I can tell." She dead-panned, before detaching herself from his arms, just to hold out both her hands for him, "Now try to get up, old man."

"Wh-" His eyes followed her as she got up with ease, hands still reaching out for him.

They were soft, but also sore from the sand and the salt water. He didn't want to grip too tight, but it was inevitable when he wanted to somehow make it onto his feet.

The feeling of shaky legs- of weakness and unsteadiness. That feeling was entirely unfamiliar to him. He felt like a little boy again, when Dino had beaten him up for the first time, had given him a taste of his new world for the first time.

"I hate this." Jungkook grumbled.

"Then get over it." She smile, as if it was so easy, "You don't like being restricted by your pain, right?"

He nodded.

"You don't have any severe injuries tho." She scratched her neck, a little sheepish, "So if you don't want to feel restricted, push through it. I mean... I couldn't but you- you can do anything, so..."

He broke into a smile, sore arm screaming when he wrapped it around her shoulder brotherly, "You think so, Chibi? That's cute. I'll try to live up to that expectation." That expectation of being able to do anything. Damn.

He felt dizzy when he leaned down to grab his scythe, the weapon that he was usually able to spin around easily feeling eighty times heavier all of a sudden.

Then get over it

Push through it

He'd just ignore his pain. This was fine. He couldn't allow himself not to. 

"I need food!" He declared, when he started to march forward, in direction of the dusty, sand covered asphalt path ahead of them.

His legs hurt and the soles of his feet felt like they were on fire, every time they made contact with the ground.

Y/N picked up their shoes hastily, stumbling after him through the dunes, "We'll find something, somehow!"

The waves were roaring behind them, high grass and endless dunes surrounding them. In front of them there was a dusty, abandoned street, leading somewhere, probably.

His skin felt itchy from the saltwater, every breath he took unbearably painful.

But he had to admit, that this was exciting. What did Jeju have for them?

___

I cant open my eyes when I'm underwater.

it hurts

xx