Seventeen - Winter Is a Terrible Invention

Jungkook's sudden confession of undying affection towards me aside (please don't hate me for exaggerating like that, I'm just making fun of him) did absolutely nothing change after getting fucking attacked by cannibals.

Which was admittedly wild to me, because that just meant that I was desensitized towards stuff like that. 

Which is... well. Think of that what you will.

Talking about desensitized, my dear companion is relentless. He just doesn't care. Like, he wasn't even surprised about encountering cannibals. He wasn't even worried. Though, to be honest, this wasn't that surprising to me.

I might not know who Jungkook really is, but I know how he is and that I know almost better than breathing.  All his stupid ticks and smirks and  words, I didn't even notice when I started to just be able to tell what he was about to say by the way his lips twitch, but I guess that's just what happens when you spent months around only one and the same person?

Why am I saying these things?

Well, after recovering from the shock and getting a good few hours of sleep, Jungkook's and my trust and teamwork would get thoroughly tested.

Winter.

Oh, heavens.

"Hurry, idiot." I had been in a grumpier mood all day, mostly on accounts of the first snow of the year transforming the fallen town into the most horrific winter wonderland of all times, "No, Jungkook, don't touch the snow."

Too late. The dumbass had already gotten a hand full.

"OW, FUCK."

"See?" Just as expected was the snow as acidic as the rain, which meant; No snowball fights, to my luck. Jungkook would totally obliterate me.

"Ya can't blame me for at least trying." Jungkook pouted.

"Jokes on you, I can." I waited for him to waddle after me, now really insistent on not touching the snow, "Because I knew it would hurt you. And I told you."

"Smartass." Jungkook mumbled, as if I wouldn't hear it.

"Just hurry." I snorted, unable to believe that this is the same guy who can end five prowlers in under two seconds without getting any dirt on his clothes.

We were trying to make it to Yongsan station before it started to snow again, the large train station being the ideal hideout for the time being; A large space that would protect us from the weather as well as a loads of food supplies.

"You sure this is the right way?" Jungkook squinted into the distance, one hand coming up to fist into my thin jacket (I was freezing up by the way) as if scared I'd get lost in the fog.

"I'm telling you, I am!" I stressed, scowling at him.

He laughed, hand on my jacket coming up to ruffle my hair, "I'm joking Kiddo, I trust you anyways."

I smiled, cozy moment only interrupted by a harsh blow of wind making me shiver violently.

"Aye, Chickie, don't get sick one me like that." Jungkook said warningly, "Or else we won't make it through this winter."

"We'll find some clothes eventually." I rasped, wrapping my arms around my body.

He stepped before me and looked at me with a sigh, "Yer an idiot, really. Could've just said something."