Thirty Seven - Venting To The Corpses

Zing

His scythe cut clean through the prowler's neck, ugly deformed body slumping onto the ground, but Jungkook didn't pay it a thought as he was a already back in the air, attention on the next prowler.

He was on a resource hunt downtown, keeping himself busy with cleaning the streets from the endless prowlers. Alone.

Because Y/N was catching up with her sister, somewhere safe and sound inside the refugee.

"Good for her." Jungkook mumbled, next swing performed with too much force, having the scythe get stuck in the table underneath the prowler.

It's not like he wasn't trying to be happy for her. It was just hard to feel this kind of... selfless compassion for another person, when empathy in general went against everything he'd learned up until now.

He'd thought after the past night he wouldn't have to worry about these kinda things, but it only seemed to having gotten worse. The closer he got to her, the more he was being confronted with hat ugly feeling he didn't want to label.

Long limbs reached for him, falling onto the ground within a matter of seconds and only one swing of his weapon, before he moved on to the rest of the body.

Maybe it was just hard for him to realize that there were other important people in her life. People who kew her even longer, even better than him. Family.

"I'm-" He kicked the head of another prowlers in, "-family." His blade thundered down onto a slimy head, splitting it in half.

He liked to think that leaving her alone at the Hotel would be easier if it weren't for the weirdos that seemed to hide in every corner of the refugee. Creeps 1000 times worse than him, lurking around like rats.

It was really hard for him to see them as something other than targets.

Targets.

He smiled bitterly when he send yet another prowler flying into the next wall with a kick, hilt of the blade smashing into it's ribcage with enough force to make it burst.

He hadn't been able to pin point the alienated feeling he'd gotten in the refugee until now.

It was simply the feeling of being surrounded by targets. People Dino would've made him kill before - it all made his new life in normality that much harder.

"Oi, boy," A middle aged man who was missing the hair on top of his head nudged Jungkook's shoulder, "Yer new, right? Wanna join us for a drink?"

Jungkook stared at the man wordlessly, taking in details such as the dirt underneath his nails or the scars on his neck, deciding that this guy probably didn't make use of the running water in hotel even once.

He turned back around, waiting on his table for his companion to come back from her chat with her sister.

"Oi! You listenin' to me?" The man shook his shoulder, "Fucktard."

Jungkook slapped his hand away irritated, not uttering a word. He didn't understand what that shitbag wanted from him and he had already forgotten what his initial question had been.

The man looked annoyed, offended even. Jungkook didn't get why he was supposed to deal with dipshits like that.

Jungkook crashed into a brittle drawer in the hallway of the house he'd entered, large prowler crawling in his direction before it had a blade stuck in it's head and was slumping onto the floor motionlessly.