Thirteen - I Think I Killed A Guy

"Oh my god, dude." You held up the lukewarm soda can defensively, almost getting a heart attack when Jungkook's head suddenly appeared in front of you - upside down, hanging from the ceiling.

"HA! Did I scare you?"

"Of course you scared me, idiot. What are you doing up there anyways?" You clasped your racing heart, glaring up at him.

His hair was falling down, making him look like on of these trolls from the movie Trolls, face slowly starting to get redder as the blood rushed into his head.

"Over there, there's a ladder." Jungkook explained, looking overly excited, "I wanted to look what's it there for and, surprise, there's a second level! Like, like and attic, or something."

You looked over at said ladder, reading the sign right next to it that said 'store room' and sighed, "I really gotta teach you how to read, some day."

He just grinned sheepishly, before his head disappeared back in the ceiling of the drug store again.

You dropped the soda can, before scrambling over to the ladder, climbing over pushed over shelves on your way. The whole room wasn't very large, just a corner store on a once busy street, every surface covered in dust after no one's been here in so long.

Seeing dusty, abandoned places like this always reminded you of how... lonely the world had gotten. Traveling with Jungkook helped to forget that there wasn't actually anyone else around, the man taking up most of your attention anyways, so standing alone in this grimy room was like a slap in the face.

All of a sudden, you got this irrational feeling that, if you went up there, Jungkook wouldn't be here anymore and you would be all alone, the abrupt anxiety making you hurry and climb up the iron bars. Shortly before sticking your head through the hole in the ceiling you stopped, "There aren't any prowlers, are there?"

"Nope!" Jungkook answered, popping the p.

You climbed up the remaining steps, brushing off your dusty clothes as soon as you were standing in the store room.

It was surprisingly bright, large windows letting in sunlight from the street outside. Thousands of dust particles flew through the air, reflecting the light falling through the windows, looking like dancing pixie dust. A bunch of old boxes were scattered all over the place, some in the large iron shelf on the other side of the room, some just laying around on the floor.

"Should we sleep here for the night?" Jungkook proposed, "Look, you can ev'n close the entry." He pointed at the trapdoor that had the same color as the ceiling.

"I don't know...."

"And there's a toilet over there." Your companion grinned, pointing at a small door next to the iron shelf.

You remember about you not liking to pee outside? You also remember about Jungkook being awfully accepting with it? Yeah.

You huffed, "Alright, whatever."

"Okay, uhm, imma just... go downstairs to look for new bandages n' stuff?" Jungkook suggested, wanting to give you some alone space.

You nodded thankfully, watching him climb back down before going over to the room on the opposite wall.

Carefully, you opened it - it was a single room, with a ridiculously small sink and cleaning products piled together on a tiny windowsill, the window being opened wide.

You sighed, closing the door with a click - it must've caught rust by now, because it was pretty hard to close (not that anyone would've come in anyways).