Chapter Thirty-Eight

Apologies in advanced, there is a lot of POV jumping. It helps with the war scene and is (in most cases) necessary. Anyway after a long time of me not updating here's a chapter. (I'm aiming for around 3500 words just because I've been away for a while). Also not clean.
Trigger warning, scenese of violence and blood. If you are effected by blood or war scenes in anyway please skip this chapter.
Chase's POV.
I grabbed a brown wolf by her scruff and passed her to a vampire so she could be detained.

Tony's pack was under seige. So was all the others but I was here. Fighting for this pack as he was heavily targeted. He was the king and had turned against the community apparently so now everyone seemed to want him dead.

"Chase!"

I snapped my head to the side spitting out clumps of fur from my mouth.

"Adler?" I yelled through the croud jumping at a smaller brown wolf.

"Cody is down," He yelled back.

"Shit, what about the herd?"

"No injuries, Cody's dead,"

"Hali?" I asked as I snapped at another wolf.

"She's fine,"

I growled in pain and snapped back at the white patched wolf. I grabbed his leg and with a sickining crack. He snarled in pain and I shuved him back towards the dungeons.

My hackles were up, my tail curled and my lips drawn back into a savage snarl as I continued fighting these wolves and vampires.

Hali was behind me somewhere. Tony was up front and Bethany was using her powers to move people around.

After Hali had yelled not to kill anyone most people tried not to. Others weren't as out going and boddies of wolves, people and vampires laid Strone across the floor.
I heard a blood curdling scream and my head snapped up.

"Hali," Damion growled pushing to take over.

I allowed him knowing he would do anything to protect Hali. My eye sight turned red as I was blinded by rage.
"I'm coming Hali,"

Hali's POV
I twisted my arm and pushed it into the back of a wolf. I then stabbed his eye before someone grabbed him to take him away.

I heard rusiling in a tree and looked up just as the whistle of an arrow was heard just as one shot out. I screamed and fell as the arrow lodged  into my chest. Blood pooled around the wound and I fell back as another arrow lodged into my leg.

"There's people in the trees," I yelled as a human apeared next to me and shot at the tree.

She stood by me and handed me a shield while adding another arrow to her quiver. Shooting again a grunt of pain was heard before a middle aged man fell out the tree. Dead.

I saw a blur of blond as Chase's or more like Damion skidded next to me. He shifted his red eyes taking in my injuries.

"Hold on Hali," It was barley a whisper as my eyes began to close.

Damion's POV
"We should never off left her," I growled at Chase who seemed distant.

"She's been trained by Tyler, we didn't know there would be people in the trees,"

"We should never have left our mate, it's our fault she's injured, I will never forgive you if she dies,"

"Shut your mouth and keep running," Chase spat, "Hali needs us,"

I growled in frustration and looked down at the pale body in my arms. Hali's eyes were closed, her hair tangled in one of my hands, she was cold, almost deathly cold.