Epilogue

Third persons POV.
Hali held her stomach protectively which had grown over the past 3 months of her pregnancy. Kai and Cody were over by Tyler, hiding behind her legs with her twin boys. Everyone was scared. The pack was angry. The wolves frenzied.

"Get that bastered and kill him," She snapped at Chase who was red with anger, shaking slightly.

He gave a stiff nod and shifted his blond wolf who was shaking with anger, ran out off the pack and howled like a hunting hound. He had a hunt to do and would succeed. He had to succeed for his pack, for his mate and for his children.

Tears stained Hali's face as she took her boys hands. Sounds of yelps and growls filled the air and the boys all grew scared they knew what it meant, knew what was happening, knew it wouldn't end well for the prey.

"It's okay," Tyler whispered picking up her children, "Uncle Chase will kill that meany,"

Kai and Cody shared a look before they both put a hand on Hali's stomach. She was due in a few weeks, though had been early with her other two pregnancies. Werewolf pregnancies were shorter than humans. It how she had had two children already. They were also all around a year apart. Or would be when her little girls were born.

"What happened?" Tyler asked as the boys all ran off and played.

"He injected me with Wolfs-bane, only realized when he dropped the bottle, he had been for months saying it would help the children, no idea what he's done to them or if they will survive,"

Frenzied howls filled the air and both mothers knew the pack was closing in on the rogue wolf. The pack had trusted the doctor. Had done since he joined after the war. He helped tend to the wounded. Helped Hali through her first two pregnancies but suddenly changed for no reason. Hali was happy he would die. He deserved it. He deserved much worse.

"Your safe now, the pack don't want to see the Alpha family hurt and that dick will be killed, slow and painful I hope," Tyler spat.

"Let's hope so,"

Hali sat down on the sofa. She was 20 now. Nearly 21. She was still young. She had her first child young but that happens sometimes. She and Chase were ready. She knew that when she told him.

Now three nearly four years after their marriage they have two boys. One a wolf shifter named Cody and the other a horse shifter named Kai. Named after the uncle they would never meet. The uncle who had fought and fallen for the lives of others. Leaving her as the only horse shifter. Now that wasn't the case.

Her pack was stronger than it was three years ago. It was bigger. They have more income. They should be feared. They are feared. Whoever messes with one of their pack members messes with the whole pack.

..........

The hunting party came back. Blood lined Chase's lips and Hali crouched as far as she could so she could rub his fur like you would a house dog. She wiped his muzzle with a cloth wiping away the blood before Kai and Cody hugged him. Chase liked their faces before trotting off and shifting.

"Daddy," they giggled as Chase picked them up and spun them around.

"Taken care off," He mumbled into Hali's neck kissing her before helping her to a chair.

"Good," Hali muttered rubbing her stomach as she curled over in pain, "Chase, I think, I think their coming,"

......

"You gotta push Hali," Chase muttered

"Shut up Chase," She muttered clenching her teeth as another contraction shuddered through her.

"You sure you don't want anything for the pain," Chase muttered clenching his jaw.

"Why?" she asked with a slight laugh.

"because I can feel the pain through the bond," He muttered gripping her hand tightly.

"Five minutes of pain for a long lifetime full of happiness," Hali mumbled before nearly breaking Chase's hand as she screamed in pain.

"Luna, this baby wants to come out and out now so push for me okay,"

Hali nodded and grabbing hold of Chase's hands scrunched her face up as she pushed. She panted slightly before pushing again.

She was tired and sweaty after an hour. This was taking forever. The baby just didn't want to budge. Which was ironic after what the doctor said.

"Nearly there Luna," Came the doctors voice through Hali's haze, "One more big push for me and then your baby will be in your hands,"

Hali nodded. Taking in deep steadying breaths before grasping Chase's hands and yet again pushing. She laid her head back but when no sound of crying filled her ears her head shot up and Lydia grew worried for their child.

Chase moved forward and Hali tried to sit up not managing to see her child. The child was blue, not moving and it's eyes were white. It was dead.

Hali didn't get time to cry as her body forced her to push again. The birth was quicker this time and soon the air was filled with one set of screaming cries.

"It's a girl," Chase whispered.

A thick scar ran down the child's back but they didn't mind that. She was alive. Her twin hadn't survived yet maybe with this child the twin would live on. The moon goddess works in mysterious ways.

"Ava, her name is Ava,"

"Ava Rose," Chase added.

"She seems in full health Luna, only time will tell if she can shift, she seems strong just like her parents, but her twin hasn't survived, I am sorry,"

Although they lost one child Hali and Chase were still happy to be blessed with this little girl. Though the world had been against her she had fought, just like her parents had.

Ava Rose Prescott grew up with her two brothers who loved her scar. It ran down her back and she didn't like it, but lived with it. In the werewolf world scars show you've won battles, show the journeys you've had. Ava was a tiny baby when she beat her first battle and although her twin didn't make it, she would still grow up with her twin as part of her.

Ava's story has only just begun.

Authors Note.
So the end of the book. I will post the prologue for book two soon. Give it about a week. Hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed witting.
For the last time don't forget to....
Vote
Comment
And
Follow