Chapter Twenty One

I pulled the string tighter and felt my handsome mate on the other side. This string tethered us together and made us one, it would become stronger the longer we stayed together or if Chase finally mark me.

"Chase," I called impatiently. I looked over worriedly at Tyler who was trying to place the horses in a secure room.

"Yes" He said a little angry, I could tell he was doing something.

"We are under attack,"  I called back  and felt him leap up out of a chair.

"You what?" 

"Old pack, trapped in house, help."

"How many?" He asked harshly.

Ignoring his tone I looked through the window, "At least ten wolves maybe more, oh and about five vampires with swords,"

"We will be there in ten minutes, now look for a creaky step."

I placed my feet on the steps listening for the creak, "Found it."

"Pull the step up" He said the connection of the string crackling a little like a phoneline. 

I did what he said and looked down at the weapons stash. It contained bows and arrows, a few guns that looked hard to use and a thin sword.

"Arm yourself and we will be there as soon as we can."

The connection faltered and I turned to the others who were standing around by the door Tyler swearing under her breath at the rouges trying to get in the house anyway they could.

"Guys, get ready this wooden door isn't going to hold for long."

Tyler grabbed a thin sword, James a short gun and I grabbed a bow and a small bag of arrows, it looked easy enough for me to be able to use against the wolves and vampires. I placed the bag on my back and grabbed an arrow out and placed it on the bow. I aimed it towards the window where a wolf was scratching at the glass. 

He crashed through the window and I pulled back the string. I aimed and let go the string pushing back with a satisfying twang. The wolf let out a sharp whine and pulled out the metal arrow from his grey fur. He lunged forward but didn't make it anywhere near me as Tyler jumped forward and sliced off his head with a sickening crack. The wolves head fell to the floor and rolled around landing to face towards us, his red eyes staring blankly and the body slumped next to it.

John screamed as he shot a wolf who had come through another window. The wolf slumped to the floor before a slim vampire took his place. He smiled a sickly his fangs gleaming. Tyler stood behind me and I placed an arrow in the string. Aiming at his legs I shot and watched as he broke off the wooden bit leaving in the sharp metal. I shot his legs to slow him down for Tyler who short forward and took off his head, the vampire fell on the floor and splatted with a sickening sound. I had a small smile on my face, I seemed pretty good at this.

Another wolf shot through the window shifting into a 14 year old boy. We all aimed at him and his arms shot into the sky.

"I'm on your side," He mumbled, "My dad wanted me to leave the pack, can I help?"

"Shift and fight," I answered blushing, why did they have to shift naked?

He nodded and shifted standing next to John. His wolf could tell he was the weakest and would help protect him. I looked put the shattered window and feeling I was in control turned to the others and gave my orders.

"John and you stay here," I said to the wolf and he gave me a slight nod. "Tyler and I will help the pack fight."

I shifted and jumped out the window, ignoring the slight scratches from the glass. The pack shot through the trees and launched themselves at the nearest wolves and vampires. I trotted around trying to work out what I could do to help, I heard a snarl behind me and went onto my front legs kicking the wolf hard. He fell to the floor and I looked around smugly. The rouges were quickly being taken out by out 60 plus pack members.