Chapter Thirteen

Chase POV
After we had gotten home we called for the doctor who assessed her leg. To our relief, her leg wasn't broken. There was just a cut about an inch deep from her hoof to the knee. The doctor stitched it up and bandaged it, leaving me alone with her.

I stroked her face waiting for her to wake up. She probably hates me. My kind. That's fine. It's fine because we are not what she thinks. The older generation ruined the world for the younger generation and we needed to fix it. Not many people believe they were wrong but the few who do are strong.

I tilted my head back on the wall behind me, letting the sun shine on my face as I closed my eyes, I too was dragged into darkness.

Hali's POV
Darkness. That was all I could see. It was all around me. The darkness wasn't eerie, it was a comfort to me. A sense of peace and calm. I looked around and out of the darkness came a light. It made me feel whole, like a part of me was missing. It felt like it was always going to be there for me. It felt like Chase. The sensation I felt around him. I walked towards the light. Something about it was pulling me towards it.

I opened my eyes and let out a small neigh. I panted heavily. Looking around with my eyes wide. Chase sat slumped on the floor next to me. How did I get here? The last thing I remember is running. I got up off the floor carefully and stood up. I looked down at my front left hoof to see a bandage with a small line of blood seeping through. I looked back at the stable door and realized I was back at the pack. I huffed and stamped my hoof causing a startled Chase to jump up. Seeing me awake he stroked down my face calming me instantly.

"Ohh he's so hot." Lyra sighed drooling.

I mentally rolled my eyes, having an inner horse was annoying, werewolves have inner wolves who are very dominant, we have inner horses. The human side is more dominant but if you feel in danger your horse will take over.
(I wasn't sure if there was a horse already the book, if there is please tell me)

I turned my head away from Chase who sighed. I watched him as he carefully walked around me and moved out of the stall. He came back a few minutes later with an apple and a carrot in his hand. My stomach rumbled as he held them out, hoping I would take them. I inched my neck closer and grabbed the carrot, quickly turning around to eat it.

When I turned back he wasn't there. I huffed and stood with my head out of the stall watching the movement around the pack. I watched as Adler walked down the barn whistling a tune. He turned to me and laughed seeing my confused look, I didn't recognize the tune.

"It's from a film, Mulan, I watched it yesterday and have a song called girls worth fighting for stuck in my head," He patted me on his way past and came back with my halter and lead rope, "If you behave you can go in the back field."

I bobbed my head, eager to get out, my hoof didn't hurt and I needed to run off some steam.

He placed my halter on and cliped on the lead rope.

"Your leg is still healing, take it easy, "

"Did he just tell us to take it easy?" I thought "take it easy is not in my vocabulary,"

I watched as he unclipped the door and I jumped forward, eager to get out the small brown box. He pulled me back and walked slowly, stopping before pulling my head close.

"I was told not to tell you this, but Chase wants to meet you later today, I can be there if you want me to,"

I nuzzled his face in understanding, but he didn't know my plan. Putting me out in a field would be a mistake, they would have to catch me again. I'm like black lightning, they will never catch me.

"Catch us," Lyra said pretending to cough.

I rolled my eyes as we started to walk again. We turned around the barn and I was brought to a field where three horses and a foal grazed calmly.

He opened the gate and unclipped the lead rope and leaving on my halter muttering,

"It will be easier to catch you with that on,"

Once he stepped back I shot off like a bullet only just hearing him yell, "Take it easy we don't want you to injure the leg more,"

I shook my mane out and came to a stop in front of another horse who snorted at me and went back to grazing. I walked towards the foal and neighed playfully at her.

She brought her head up from grazing and snorted at me before running at me. I jumped out of her way and ran away, she was too slow. I stopped and ran towards her, watching as her eyes went wide. I jumped over her, landing perfectly until an angry mare came over and bit my flank.

"Leave her alone," she snorted and pushed her daughter over to the other two.

I tossed my head and brought it down to graze. Listening to the familiar sound of the roots rip out of the ground. I reared in the field and kicked my back legs out. I was in a field, I had a mate, something I never thought I would have, something I thought would never happen but it had...

I. HAVE. A. MATE.

Chase POV.

I watched from my office as my mate played around in the field, looking so happy. I looked down at the paperwork, bills to be paid, alphas to talk to, a pack to run.

The best thing that happened to me, the one thing that made me smile, didn't like our kind. To be honest I don't blame her. She lived in a world I want to change. She has no one like her, she is alone, my dad made this happen. My dad ruined the life of the one person who will love me no matter what.

I have one question for her, do you trust me?

Trust, a firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something. Something she needs. Something I need. My little mate, it's time to meet her.

I placed my pen down on the table and got up, heading to the one person who I dreamed about, the one person who I would die for.

So, what do you think? Chapter Thirteen, the books I write on my own seem to only get to chapter ten before writers block sets in and the story collapses, but here we are chapter Thirteen of a book that I fell in love with from the first chapter then it stopped. I had an argument with myself should I write should I not. And I did.

I contacted the old author asking about writing it for her and here I am. Have a good day, night etc.
Don't forget to...
Vote
Comment
And
Follow.

(Edited- 21/04/21)