Chapter Thirty-Nine.

Not edited.
Hali's POV.

After two weeks the pack was back to some sort of normal. The funeral had been amazing and each pack member we lost their lives were celebrated. Cody had his funeral at the same time and soon they were finally at peace. Hope and her brother had been living with Alpha Ollie and Luna Ariel for just under two weeks and had settled in well, they came back for their parents funerals and said a final goodbye to the pack. 

Many of the wolves/vampires captured were back with their packs with new people in charge. Cattle and other farm animals now took up residence and were used for food now. Humans had started to migrate into the towns and witches were beginning to wipe their memories as we needed to be back in hiding. It was safer.

The cat pride had returned to their land except those who had found their mates. Chase's pack which was once full of only vampires and werewolves was now filled with cats, horses and humans. We were now a mix, that was for sure.

The herd was back on the land safe. Storm and Bryok had arrived back at the pack in a few days. Storm had suffered injuries thanks to his son Cloud who had chased him out the herd. As promised he now spent time here and we were working towards getting him used to human contact and ready to ride. 

The pack was getting back into the swing of things. Many now had jobs out in the human towns which sat in between five territories. Kids now went to school with humans as many of the teacher there were wolves. A few humans still knew our secret. Like mates of werewolves. The rest were in the dark now. The news of the so-called uprising had spread and now places like England were fighting and war was spreading through the world.

Chase's birthday had been and gone so he was now 18. The normal age for Alpha's. I was a month or so younger than him and would be turning 18 just after him. Tyler -who was a little older than him- had told the pack she was pregnant and now both her mates were treating her like she needed to be wrapped in bubble wrap. Which I must admit is hilarious as everyone should know not to mess with Tyler. In werewolf society you try and get pregnant as soon as you can, to keep a strong line of your blood going, though that was an old tradition and many were moving away from it. It was normal to have kids at a so-called 'young age' so Tyler wasn't classed as a young mother. She had her mates so could in fact bare her mates children.

I now looked down at a thin stick in my hand. I was late by about a week. I had been tracking it due to the fact periods happened more often in humans then they did when I was living as a horse. Being late scared me and the small stick showed me what I had first thought. Were animals pregnancies are a lot shorter than humans. Humans last nine months, I would only be pregnant for about 4 months. I wouldn't be able to hide it for long but had a plan for telling everyone. Our wedding was in two months, I would only just be showing them which meant I could tell Chase at our wedding. 

That was if I was pregnant. I looked down at the stick and held my breath. Two lines. I instantly touched my stomach and smiled slightly. We're me and Chase to young? Would the pack think we were too young? Would they-?

"Hali!" Chase called.

"Coming!" I called back wiping away the tears that had fallen and placing the test in the bin so that Chase wouldn't fin it, fingers crossed.

I walked down the hallway into Chase's office where Adler, Ash and Chase stood around a map of our territory. They seemed to have planned a build for another stable. Which would make three. We had enough room for that many horses (which would make it up to 60 nearly 70 horses on the ranch) but it would make us very busy.

"We could add a horse riding school, let out the old village for a holiday and run horse hotel things," Adler suggested, "It would give us more income,"