Chapter Twenty

Hali's POV

I woke up to Ash standing over me, eyebrows raised. He didn't look to impressed to see me in the barn again, curled up around the sleeping Bryok. I got up quickly and allowed Bryok to sleep for a few more minutes.

"Chase's sister, Tyler, is coming with you, there has been rouges sighted, mainly members of our old pack."

He placed some grain in a small blue bucket for Bryok and a collection of sweet, red, juicy, apples for me in another pink small bucket for me.

"She will come and get you in a couple of hours for the walk to the cottage, if you want" He said placing a set of riding clothes on my stall door, "You can walk around the pack, ride a horse, etc."

I snorted at the last part before lowering my head to wake Bryok. He got up and started to eat the grain while I fiddled with the cold metal lock. I managed to get my lips around the small ring and pushed it along the door. I allowed it to fall with a load thud before It turned my attention back to the food.  I grabbed an apple and waited for Bryok to finish his meal. He signaled he was ready by lightly nibbling my flank. 

We walk the short distance through the barn, our hooves clipping on the concrete floor. He trotted along behind me to keep up with my long strides. He nuzzled a few of the horses on the way out. When we arrived at the paddock I fiddled with the lock and swung the gate open. Bryok walked in as I pushed the gate closed with my rump.

Samuel trotted over to me and offered a clump of grass. I took it wit a thankful whiny. We walked towards Bryok enjoying each others company. I looked across at Bryok who was playing with a small Shetland called Toby.

I ducked my head to grab a mouthful of grass as Toby and Bryok joined us in a small grazing circle. After a while of grazing and playing Tyler came to the paddock. I swished my tale as I nickered to Bryok who -with his long lank legs- galloped over to me.

"Ready?" She asked as I looked at what she was wearing. It was a type of thin tight lycra in different colours. It almost looks like you would be able to shift in it.

I nodded my head and she walked us towards the gate. she opened it and me ad Bryok trotted out happily. She pushed Toby away slightly as he tried to walk out the paddock and escape the lush green fields. She shifted and ran at a light jog towards the gate around this small part of our territory. Two men I reconised as the twins -who happened to be Tyler's mates- opened the gate for us as we rushed through the thin tree line.

We slowed the pace to allow the slowing Bryok to catch up with us. Tyler's ears were up before they fell back down. Her tongue fell out and she looked like a very big pet dog. She was very goofy. She stopped sniffing the ground around her to bring her back paw to her chin. Scratching the itch she had she started to grunt happily. when she finished we carried on moving forward listening to the birds song in the trees.

We came across a huge field and I looked at the plants inside. It seemed to be part of the packs farm as the whole field was covered in yellow. Corn. We walked around he outside of the field and watched a few of the pack members at work. 

We walked back into the deep trees and I spotted that the sections of the pack seemed to be in layers. Like an onion. First was the pack and paddocks where I lived. Then a thin line of trees. Farm where they had different vegetables and fruits growing, they didn't farm animals but hunted in the surrounding forest where deer thrived. Then the horrible human farms which I hopped Chase was working on to shut down. Then about a mile or two of more trees before the small cottage and caves around the place.

...............

The cottage was small. Four pale glass windows lined the walls. The door was made of of an solid oak, it polished and shined in the sun that managed to shine through the solid tree line. Tyler shifted wearing the lycra  and walked around the trees finding me a set of clothes that the pack had left stuffed around the trees.