Chapter Thirty.

Hali's POV

I woke up on the bed with Chase's arms weaved around me. He was snoring lightly and he had begun to drool on the pillow. The sheets covered up to his toned chest and they could do with a clean. They were rather dirty, and grey, not white.

I managed to untangle myself from Chase and quietly get changed. I snuck out of the bedroom and let Chase sleep. He was normally up so early and I thought this would be a nice change for him. Walking down the stairs I spotted Adler and James kissing by the coat hooks.

I snuck past them, not wanting them to be disturbed and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a green apple. Taking a bite I turned to Tyler who had just walked in. Her mates walked a little behind her, laughing and joking. I wondered how it worked with two mates. They're brothers so do they share her, do they all sleep together? I was confused.

"Tyler, where's Cody?" I asked taking another bite.

"He's out in the pasture, refused to come in yesterday,"

"Okay, and my bow?" I asked

"In the weapons room, we've got to go speak later okay?"

"Will do,"

"And don't forget your training session and lesson today,"

"I won't," I called as she walked away.

After finishing my apple I grabbed another and walked outside to the pasture. When Cody spotted me he ran over his hooves clapping on the hard green ground. I gave him the apple and looked him over. He was wearing a thick insulated blanket, that would have kept him warm during the harsh night. He was still rather thin for a heavy built horse but was starting to gain weight quickly. I patted his neck and climbed the fence to be with him.

"Wanna shift?" I asked.

He shook his big head with a snort but began to pull at my top with his teeth.

"You want me to shift?"

He nodded.

"I can't, I have things to do, but you do have an appointment with the pack doctor,"

He turned sharply and ran off his hooves digging up the hard ground and flinging dirt at me.

"Really Cody," I yelled, "Get back here!"

....................

I managed to get Cody to the doctors. Just. He was gaining weight and the doctor was happy which meant I was happy. Cody had gone from about 5stone to 7 in a few days.

I was now sitting in a small class room type thing. I was alone with one of Chase's aunts, she was called Patricia. She was helping me learn the basics. I spent nearly my entire life as a horse so I didn't know as much as I should. I knew how to write and count but it didn't some very easily to me.

"So let me get this straight," I said chewing the top of my pen, "The words here and hear are two completely different words, spelt differently and mean different things, but are pronounced completely the same."

"Yep," She said rubbing the writing off the board.

"Who came up with that?"

"Probably the English,"

"I see," I said beginning to pack away my note pads and pens.

"Onto the basic maths tomorrow, we have calculators to do the rest,"

"Thanks," I called waking out into the kitchen.

"It's my pleasure luna,"

I dumped all my stuff down on the kitchen table in a huff. I huffed again, I still had things to do. Chase was forcing me to do weapons training, he didn't think I could protect myself. Hey when your bored as hell as a child you learn things, I've watched plenty of humans fight. I also had to use my bow. I mean I get where he's coming from if I wanted to fight in the up coming war I better know how to fight.