Chapter Two

Hali's POV
I awoke to find myself tied to the inside of a horse trailer and cringed as I felt movement beneath us.
Oh great I said to myself. The trailer is moving and lord knows how long I was out.
I moved my head to look out the window and spotted forest, the mountains and field nowhere in sight.
I bucked in anger, being rewarded with a dent in the door. At least the herd is safe, I tried to stay positive in this negative event.
I continued gazing out the small window, looking for the location of the sun. It was slowly dipping towards the West, a sign showing the day was ending.
I took a little longer to observe my surroundings. Raising my head in the air, I took a big sniff and cringed. It wreaked of werewolf.
Wait. I inwardly panicked. If I don't escape or find a way to mask my smell, my cover will be blown! I chuckled a little to myself. So much for positive thoughts.
I was snapped out of my thoughts as the trailer stopped moving and the door opened. I leapt to the exit before remembering the rope as it yanked me back.
I inwardly swore. I should've bit the rope before observing everything. Then I could've just leapt out.
I bucked at a werewolf who foolishly walked up behind me and snorted with amusement as he held his nose, dripping with blood. It was definitely broken.
The man on the other hand, was not amused as he swore and walked to the trailer's side door to gain access to my neck where he plunged a needle into my neck.
I didn't black out. I did, however, become unable to move my own muscles as I was led out of the trailer and into a pen with other horses. None of them acknowledged me. It's not like I cared, I preferred being alone if they were not my herd.
I watched as they were all slowly led out of pens, then I was led out. We were led to an arena with a black stand in the center, which is where I was led.
Loud voices, a loud bang, and I was stuck in a trailer again. I wasn't really mad at what happened, just at the fact that I couldn't do jack about it.
With my herd fresh in my mind, I drifted off to sleep.