Chapter Fourteen

Chase's POV
I walked out of my office and towards the stairs. Life carried on normally, just like any other day, the pack and the vamps didn't know about my mate. Few were still hoping I would claim Zoey -An overrated pack member- to be my mate, but I won't, I have who I want and Zoey is not in the picture.

I walked out to the barn and grabbed a lead rope before sticking my head around the door of the tack room to look for Adler.

"Adler, can you help me catch my mate?"

He nodded and turned to me, "We should really give her a name, we can't keep calling her horse or your mate."

"Well, when I meet her she will tell me her name."

We chuckled as we walked towards the field opening the gate. I walked towards her careful not to spook her. I manger to get to her halter and was about to clip the lead on before she bolted and ran the other direction.

"Thought that was too easy," Adler yelled from the other side of the field.

I sighed, walked towarding her as she bent her head to the floor. I reached for the halter and she reared again running off in the other direction and hiding behind Buttercup, our mare who just gave birth to a beautiful dappled foal.

Buttercup turned and bit at my mate. I mentally sighed, I see what Adler means we need to get a name for her.

Rage filled up in me as blood glistened on her coat. She turned and reared at Buttercup who pushed her foal behind her and also reared. I watched horrified as Adler stepped in-between the two mares.

They both backed off ears down and Adler took the opportunity to grab her halter, walking her over to me, allowing me to clip on the lead rope.

I watched as she rolled her eyes and walked calmly behind us, like a well-trained horse. I gave a small sigh as I noticed the bite in her back was already healed as Buttercup hadn't bit very hard. We walked towards her stall and put her in, taking off the lead rope and halter and I watched as Adler walked into the tack room and grabbed some riding clothes.

I gave him a confused look as he placed the clothes on the door and turned his back, grabbing the top of my shoulder and pushing me to turn around.

"She shifts naked and needs privacy."

I nodded as the familiar sound of breaking and popping bones filled the air. We heard the clothes getting scraped down off the stall down and the zips being undone.

A small cough drew our attention back around and I looked at the most beautiful girl I had ever set eyes on. Her well kept midnight black hair was down by her waist. Her icy blue eyes stared at me with an irritated look. As my eyes drifted down I saw that the clothes she was wearing were tight and her curves we're making Damion, my puppy-like wolf, drool in my head.

Hali's POV
I stood in silence in my stall, my bare feet in the slightly damp sawdust. Chase was checking me out and a small blush was starting to creep up my cheeks. Adler, my savior, coughed slightly drawing his attention away from me.

"So, questions Chase?" He asked seeing me uneasy.

"Ohh, yeah hmmm, so tell us about your self," He asked trying to keep his eyes above my chest.

"I'm 16, my name is Hali, I have an inner horse named Lyra and I love galloping through fields and jumping." There wasn't really much to me and I was worried what be would think about me. "So what about you?" I asked trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm Chase, Alpha of the blood moon pack, a link between vampires and werewolves. I am 16 and took over when my mum died. My inner wolf is called Damion and I like midnight runs." He looked very self couscious.

Adler went next and what he said surprised me, "I am Adler I am also 16. I am a warrior if the pack. It's not very well known but I have an inner wolf and jaguar, they go by James and Kieran. I like rolling in the lake and long runs"

I nodded my head before I heard someone else walk in. I shifted on the spot and stood in front of the clothes as Ash walked into the barn. He brought his hand towards me and I bite it, watching with an amused look as he squealed and turned to Chase,

"You didn't tell her I was a friend!"

My ears stayed back as he turned to his hand which surprisingly was bleeding, because if you think about it, vampires don't have a heart beat. If vampires don't have a heart beat, then blood wouldn't be pumped around his body and he wouldn't bleed. I glared at his hand mesmerized. I turned my gaze towards Adler and glared deeply. Trying to get him to let me go back into the field. He gave me an confused look so I stamped my hoof before gently kicking the door. Resulting it to swing back and hit Ash in his crotch. He fell to the floor holding his crown jewels, that was an accident.

I nuzzled his hand in apology before Adler put my halter and lead rope on. He led me back to the field where I was alone. The sky was becoming dark and the stars we're starting to shine through the dark sky. I was left alone in the field so went to grazing.

My head shot up to a nervous neigh, I ignored it and went back to eating. I heard it again and went to investigate realizing I was in a paddock I huffed, I would have to jump it. I looked around and saw no one so jumped the fence. I ran at the boarding fencing and jumped over landing just in front of another horse.

He trotted off and I followed him, hoping we wouldn't go too far out, just in case I can't find my way back. We stopped at a small meadow. He turned to face me before shifting. He had green eyes and ginger hair. I reared in surprise and ran back towards the pack and jumped both fences to see a very angry Chase. I paced, thoughts running through my mind.

This couldn't be happening. I'm the only one. I'm the only one who survived. This can't be. Who is he?

Author's Note

So you might be able to tell but I am not a horsey person, don't get me wrong I love horses just don't have the money to go riding. I am going hopefully this week to talk to a stable about working there so I can afford lessons so you never know, I may be a horsey girl soon.

Hope you enjoyed and who's the other horse shifter. A lot of new twists but I have a plan for all of them. Publish again soon till next time, don't forget to,
Vote
Comment
And
Follow

(Also sorry if kept updating y'all, I was being a true blond and having forgetful blond moments XD)