Chapter Twenty-Eight

Skip the first paragraph if you don't like kissing 

Hali's POV

I clicked the seatbelt into the clasp and looked over at Chase as he started the ignition. We stared into each others eyes as he leaned in to kiss me. His hand caressed my thighs causing me to shiver in pleasure. My hand made its way into his hair and his tongue asked for entry. I was just about to part my lips when the back door opened and slammed. We broke apart and turned to spot two people climbing into the back.

"I thought we were going alone." I said turning back to Chase.

"I meant to say that were not," Chase said scratching his neck, "This is Lola and June, my sister said they are one of the best warriors she has trained and they need to come with us,"

"Why?" I asked, confused, werewolves were so weird.

"One, they might find their mates and two protection, when a young alpha meets a older alpha for the first time they are meant to fight for submission, these gals will make sure no-one breaks up the fight,"

"You mutts need to learn how to do things in a civil manner,"

"It's tradition," Chase said pulling out of the drive.

"It was also tradition for my dad to help wolves with the ranch work each year, what happened to that?"

.............

We passes a sign and I looked out the window watching the trees go past. I saw a blur of grey and looked out the window to see the herd. They had caught my scent and were chasing the car, something that was dangerous for wild horses, something I had never seen them do.

"Stop the car!" I yelled and Chase slammed on the brakes.

I opened the door and Chase called after me, "Hali, we can't we will be late."

"Call him and say we have a flat tire or something, I need to do something real quick,"

I looked both ways before stripping and shifting. The horses stood a few metres away, confused but happy to see me again. I trotted over to them and Storm walked over to me sniffing me and accepting me back.

"I can't stay," I nickered to them as they began to trot away expecting me to come with them.

"Why?" Storm asked walking back over to me.

"I found my mate at a ranch,"

"Your mated to one of those mutts we have lost a good ally," He snorted annoyed.

"You've lost more of the herd haven't you?" I asked looking for a few of the horses who had looked after me all those years I had spent with them.

"Yes, the mutts kept coming, there is nowhere safe!"

"Go south for a few miles and you will come across a scent trail, the boundary of my territory, cross that line and you will be safe you can live there, there is food, water, shelter, anything you need."

"You will be a good lead mare Hali," Storm said nuzzling me, "We will be there when you return, come visit us as often as you can, and bring that foal I can smell on you."

"I will do Storm," I said and reared as they began to run towards my territory.

I walked back to the car and shifted getting changed and sitting back in the car like nothing happened.

"Tell your alpha the tires fixed and we will be there shortly," Chase said and hung up putting his phone away.

I did my seat belt up and looked at him, "What?"