Chapter 3

"Let's play," James called. Marlene and Sirius nodded and mounted their brooms. James mounted his and Lily mounted hers much less gracefully. She almost slipped off her broom, but James caught her arm before she fell to the ground.

"Thanks," Lily said a little breathlessly. She would have blamed it on her "near-death" experience, had anyone asked. Lily shrugged her shoulder so that he would let go, and he did.

The four of them played quidditch for a long time, almost three hours. Lily was exhausted. She wanted to quit after the first 5 minutes. Lily and James flew down to their side of the pitch. Lily staggered off of her broom and onto the grass. She fell down and didn't get up.

"Lily," James said. "Are you okay?" He offered her a hand.

Lily didn't feel strong enough to take it. "No," Lily winned. "Can we be done yet?"

"Since we don't have a snitch," James started. "We are tied and the next point wins."

"Thank god!" Lily praised. She shakily stood up from the ground and mounted her broom again. She was getting much better at it. "Let's go."

"Wait," James told her. "We need a plan." Lily motioned for him to tell her the plan. "You will create a distraction and I will play."

Lily thought about it for a minute and came up with a plan. "Okay, I've gotta plan. Just don't turn around okay?" James looked a little curious about her plan, but nodded his head. They both kicked off and into the air. They rose very high up into the air. Lily looked at James and nodded.

Sirius passed James the quaffle and James took off to the other side of the pitch. Sirius and Marlene were looking at Lily though. Lily had taken off her jersey revealing a small, not very supportive sports bra. Sirius was so shocked, that he fell off his broom. Marlene was laughing at Sirius and James scored their team the final point. As James turned around he saw Lily and his jaw dropped. She winked at him and landed back on the ground. She put back on her jersey.

She and Marlene raced over to Sirius to make sure that he was okay. He was fine and Marlene was frowning at him. "Really?" Marlene asked. "We snogged a few minutes ago."

"Actually it has been like three hours," Lily told them. Marlene looked at her with annoyance, but she was also smirking/smiling.

Lily saw James jogging over to them. Lily ran over to him, "We won!"

"I know," James told Lily. Lily jumped into his arms and he spun her around. When he put her down they were both laughing.

"Eww," Lily said. "You are sweaty."

"So are you," James pointed out. She shrugged, he was right. All four of them were disgusting.

"I'm going inside to take a shower," Lily told them.

"Mind if I join you?" James asked.

"F**k you," Lily told him. It wasn't in a mean way, it was in more of a playful way.

"If you want to," James told her.

"The tension between the two of you is stronger than between Marlene and I," Sirius told James and Lily. "And Marlene and I just snogged."

"Three hours is not 'just'," Lily reminded them. "That is how long we have been playing. Marlene, you better be the happiest person in this gd world."

"Don't worry Lily," Marlene told her. "I am." Marlene hugged Lily and they beamed at each other. "We need showers," Marlene agreed. They both made scrunched up facial expressions.

"See you guys for dinner?" Lily asked the boys. Her arm still linked through Marlene's.

"Sounds good," James agreed.

The four of them walked into the house and they all took showers.

When Lily finished she got dressed in a white, skin tight, deep V neck, with long sleeves. She also wore a pair of retro, high waisted, red shorts and a pair of white keds. She tied her hair up with a white ribbon. Lily walked over to Marlene's room and went inside to check on her. Marlene was still dressed in her towel, her clothes strewn across the room, still trying to figure out what to wear.

"You should wear that," Lily told Marlene, startling her. "Sirius would love it."

"Ha ha," Marlene said sarcastically. "Although you are probably right." Marlene thought about it for a minute, then decided to put on some clothes. She put on a black bra with a sheer black top, a pair of bleached shorts, and a pair of black heels. She put her hair into a large bun with pieces hanging out the sides.

"What are we even doing tonight?" Lily asked.

"We are clubbing!" Marlene said happily. "So you have to get changed."

"What is wrong with this?" Lily looked at her outfit self consciously.

Marlene dragged Lily back into her room. Marlene threw Lily's white, sun dress with light blue flowers. It was short, like very short. It ended a little bit above her mid thigh. The back of her dress was very low; it went around her lower back. The front of her dress was high necked. Then Marlene threw a pair of white stiletto heels at her head. Lily ducked to miss them. Marlene walked over to Lily and pulled out the ribbon in her hair, making her hair fall all around her face. Marlene twisted Lily's hair back in 'twists' and then curled the bottoms.

"Perfect!" Marlene said happily. "You look great."

"Thanks," Lily told her. Lily was still unsure about the openness of her dress, but she went downstairs with Marlene anyways. When they got down the stairs Sirius and James were facing the doors and not the stairs. When they reached the bottom of the stairs, Sirius turned around. He stared at Marlene as if she was the only thing in the room. Lily sighed dreamily, they were so perfect for each other.

Marlene walked straight to Sirius and Sirius, meeting her half way, kissed her passionately. He slipped his hand under her shirt and she slipped her hand into his back pocket.

Lily walked next to James and crossed her arms. She stood close to James, but not close enough to touch him. "Nice dress," James told her, nodding at her outfit.

Lily looked down at her outfit and then pulled the edge of her dress lower. "You would say that," Lily told him snarkily.

James shrugged unashamedly, "I would and I did." Lily smiled at his honesty, she bit her lip and watched Sirius and Marlene makeout. Lily began to feel uncomfortable and apparently so did James. "Okay lovebirds, let's get going or we are going to be late."

Sirius and Marlene broke apart and Marlene tugged her shirt down.

"Late?" Lily asked curiously.