Chapter 53

"Shit Lily," Marlene said. She ran a hand through her hair to comb it out. "Nobody was supposed to know."

"You know that Sirius would have found out one way or another," Lily told her.

"I'm sorry," Marlene apologized.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to," Lily said. She sped walked out of the hallway and back towards the Three Broomsticks.

"You can't tell Sirius," Marlene said as she followed Lily.

"Sure as hell I can," Lily said.

"Lily!" Marlene said. She grabbed Lily by the wrist and Lily was forced to stop in her tracks. "Please."

Lily paused for a second. Then she turned so that she would be out of Marlene's grasp and she started to walk to The Three Broomsticks, but she did it more slowly.

"Lily please," Marlene begged. "I didn't mean for this to happen."

Lily raised a delicate eyebrow at Marlene, "it was the first time?"

"Well no," Marlene admitted. "But-"

"I can't do this," LIly said.

"You don't understand-"

"No, you don't understand," Lily said.

"What on Earth are you talking about?" Marlene asked.

"This isn't about me," Lily said. She started to walk again. "Why did you do it?" Lily had to ask, maybe she did it the same way that her mother had done.

"I regret it," Marlene said.

"Why?" Lily repeated.

"We haven't had sex in a while," Marlene started. That was the worst excuse she had ever heard. "There was no passion anymore, not like there used to be. I just needed something animal-" Lily found that ironic. "-something that had no meaning. The pressure of being in a relationship wasn;t good for me, or him I think. It was just so hard." That was when Lily realized that her friend, maybe ex-friend, Lily was still conflicted, was a whore. Lily would have called herself harsh, but Lily had no filter in her thoughts right now. "Adam was just so easy, and all we had was sex no feelings."

"You were the one that wanted feelings with Sirius," LIly reminded her.

"I guess so," Marlene consented.

"I'm going to tell him," Lily said. "Or you can, but I'll give you ten seconds and if you don't do it in those ten seconds I'll tell him myself."

"Lily-"

Lily had already pushed past her and towards the bar. Marlene stayed there in the street.

Lily went into the bar and went straight to Sirius. She stood in front of a confused Sirius and she held up ten fingers putting one down every mississippi.

"Are you going to..." Sirius started, with a bemused smile.

Lily leaned in to his ear and whispered, "Marlene's been cheating on you for a while." Lily pulled back and she could almost see the emotion turn off in his face.

He bit his cheek, "okay."

"Sirius," Lily said. "If you need anything..."

"Thanks Lils," Sirius said. "I'll be fine."

Lily did not believe him. "Of course you will be."

"Hey, did you find Marlene?" James asked.

"Yes," Lily said tartly.